SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Thanks to everyone who participated! Sticky

A topic by Yukon created Mar 20, 2017 Views: 464 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Host

Hey there jammers!

So first off, super big thank you to everyone who participated! This is the first game jam I've ever hosted, and after itch featured it, it kinda blew up! That's super crazy to me, and it blows my mind that I managed to put together an event that would inspire all you guys to make all these awesome games! So I would like to thank each one of you for spending your weekend doing my little game jam!

That being said, I have a quick little update for everyone. The jam has been extended by 3 hours to allow people who just missed the deadline recover and throw up their awesome games! The reason I extended it by 3 hours instead of 1 or 2 is because I didn't know we needed it until about a half hour after the jam. I'm hoping the extra chunk of time will let people get back on the groove and submit their games asap.

Anyways, thank you all for participating, and I hope you all had a lot of fun!

Submitted

I learned how to make a game in 2-3 days, this was a stressfull but nice expirience, i'm very happy with myself, tho my friend claims my game is unbeatable :D (lies. i can beat it in 10 minutes but that may be becouse i made it).

Thank you for giving me a push and a nice challange to finally make a game!

Submitted

Thanks so much for hosting this jam. I'm really happy with my result. I haven't gotten any notifications concerning ratings yet, so I don't know if you can actually see the ratings on your game before the vote ends or if just nobody rated it yet. Either way, it's the journey that counts. Really cool concept, hope you make this an annual thing. :)

Submitted (1 edit)

I think you have the record by now XD

I would be happy to join the PaintJam next year. I really had fun doing this game. Thanks for hosting ^^

Submitted

Haha oh wow. That's awesome :)

It's kind of strange how I didn't get any notifications. I'm really interested in the result of this jam. I'm definitely joining again next year if it happens :D

Submitted

Second game Jam I've taken part in, had a great time :D

Submitted

This is the second game jam I've taken part in, and the first I've actually developed a working game for. The first time I'd just collaborated on a game design document rather than make something playable. I knew as soon as I saw the page on the front of Itch.io that I'd have to participate just from the premise alone, so I made an account and joined as quickly as possible.

It's the first time I've pushed myself to make an actual game within such a short space of time, and to be honest, I really enjoyed it. There were struggles of course, mostly due to silly mistakes in code, but I felt satisfied having a working game by the end of the jam. I think the biggest issue I ran into was my sleeping schedule being a complete mess, although thanks to the event it's been corrected a fair bit.

Thanks for hosting the jam Yukon W. I hope you end up hosting it again next year, because I'll (hopefully) be the first one signing up!