Play gameVisit Release the Midi-Chlorians's game page
Rate this game
Sign up with an itch.io account to rate and leave a comment.
Movie scene description (plus video link if possible!)
In the last Jedi, Rey meets with Kylo Ren. She hopes to convert him to the light side. Kylo brings her to Snoke, who orders Kylo to kill her.
This is the best video I found that matches it:
Does your game or video link contain movie spoilers?
Please list any pre-made art/music/other assets that you used.
- Smash: http://soundbible.com/1952-Punch-Or-Whack.html
- Lightsaber hum: https://freesound.org/s/78683/
- Lightsaber hum: https://freesound.org/s/78684/
- Elevator: https://freesound.org/s/344224/
- Lightsaber ignite: https://freesound.org/s/115591/
- HeyHey: https://freesound.org/s/57204/
- A-ha moment: https://freesound.org/s/85245/
How many members in your team?
Anything you want to say to players before they play?
- Arrow Keys / AWSD / QZSD : Move character
- Space: Use the force
- ESC: Reset level
SKIP INTRO INSTRUCTIONS:
- The intro of the game is really long (but worth it). If you want to go straight to the game, there is a 3rd hidden option in the main menu that lets you skip the intro. Just go one below the options.
- The beginning text crawl has controls to let you fast-forward/rewind
- The game has a PG13 option because of some strong language and cartoonish nudity (nothing offensive I'm sure).
- This game has voice acting. In the options, you can also change the voice setting (voice only, subtitle only, voice + subtitle).
I really tried to get the feel of the Star Wars experience, including the famous "Galaxy far far away" line and the text crawl in the beginning. All the music are recreations of the music from Star Wars. There's one you might not recognize, because it was removed from the special edition (Yub Nub, one of my favorite song)
I was inspired by The Last Jedi, not just by the movie but also all the polarized opinion from fans and critics. I did find the movie interesting, in the way that it sort of mess with expectations, and doesn't follow all the standard film tropes found every Hollywood movie.
With that in mind, I thought I'd try to play with those ideas, in a game that might surprise you.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.