Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What's a good free program to use for creating music?

A topic by MichaelB572 created Aug 30, 2020 Views: 554 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 13
Submitted

This will probably be my first mini jam if I can make it, but I've never actually created any music for a game. Any recommendations?

(1 edit) (+1)

Bosca Ceoil = not bad(for begginers)

Bosca Ceoil is pretty good.

(3 edits) (+1)(-1)

I use Beep Box, as it runs on your browser and is free.  Pretty simple. It's pretty similar to Bosca Ceoil, but without downloads. Just click buttons and it makes notes, and the UI is simple and you won't need any youtube tutorials.

If you want to go advanced, go with Musescore. It's free, but you need to register and download, and you need to know how to read sheet music. On the bright side, it also allows you to share your music, for input and as a way of publishing it. You may need a youtube tutorial though for setup. It takes longer, so I don't use it for Jams when I'm on a bad time crunch. It is much more advanced.

I recommend Bosca Ceoil it's good and easy to use

Brackeys recommended "Bosca Ceoil"

Bosca Ceoil

Submitted

LMMS if you want something free but similiar to FL studio.

I suggest use some music from internet, If you don't have any experience: i doubt you can make something "ok" with bosca ceoil.

Suggestions: OpenGameArt, Evan King, and other royalty free music stuffs.

Submitted

bosca ceoil for begginers, if u ahve time after jam learn fl studio, then u can easily create fast and good music

Submitted

FL is not free.

Submitted

u can find cracks..

Submitted

yo ho ho and a bottle of rum =)

Submitted

No shit you can find crack almost anywhere downtown if you ask around.

Submitted

Definitely check out LMMS, it comes with some default plugins for making retro-styled tracks.

https://lmms.io/

I used audacity and converted my table beat into music

Submitted

Used GuitarPro 5.0 >> to MIDI >> online converter to mp3

Good web converter with diffirent sound banks: https://www.conversion-tool.com/midi/