Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles

WIP Screenshots Sticky

A topic by mfiano created Apr 21, 2018 Views: 693 Replies: 24
Viewing posts 1 to 22
Host

Post your progress!

(+1)

The first mock up for the text based story engine. I'm using this to build a harvest moon style simulation (more emphasis on plants, less on NPC interactions).

Currently the game uses two emacs buffers. An "interface" buffer where you enter commands, and the timeline buffer that "renders" the world around you.

The timeline rendering is essentially done (still need to propertize / colour code the text). The interface parsing not so much. I may have to drop the pipes in the interface. Since the text is formatted as ess expressions,  the functions need to be tightly coupled, rather than be orthogonal from one another in the unix sense. This would force the user to have a thorough understanding of the underlying data structure being passed to the function, not just knowledge of the functions themselves.

Submitted(+2)

Just the intro screen for now, but it's a nice one if I may say so myself.

Submitted (2 edits) (+2)

Rendering the floor, walls, and most importantly, the @ in my Racket Roguelike! Next up, enemies...or map generation?

Submitted

Finally things are sort of drawing.

Submitted(+2)

A little demo of a progress I made so far with the jam game:

trivial-gamekit + chipmunksvg-as-a-level 

Gonna be a puzzle with balls. More details later :D

Submitted (1 edit)

I've got shot emitters working. :)
Thanks to trivial-gamekit for the easy drawing routines.
It will be a reduction of the danmaku genre.


Submitted(+1)

Today, I accomplished a lot!

  • Enemies now move in a random directions. When they're close enough to you, they'll attack!
  • If you move into the same square as an enemy, you'll attack them.
  • If you die, you lose! 
  • If you kill all of the enemies, you win!

 

Submitted (1 edit)

A quick mockup of my "Lisp VS Blub Empire" Strategy Game.

Submitted

Looks awesome!

Submitted

Recently (today) I finished  the important feature - check the field to be complitly passed. In case when you do not know the field, it is glad to trust that you can not put youself in exitless part of a chart. Thow I can use any Java classes and data structures (i.e. HashMaps or any other - my custom Lisp language interpreter hosted on Java) , I write this game only use native data structures - lists I mean :) In some cases it was uneffective, but much more authentic :)

Submitted

First light image from Castle Monsterous...


Using Racket out of the box. This is... going to be a strange game.

The guy's legs and knife aren't actually ghosting out, I just haven't finished the artwork. Although that could be cool too...

Submitted (1 edit)

Submitted

wow that looks awesome! Love those smoke effects

Submitted

So, update on Castle Monsterous... Filling out graphics and adding a different monster type. mob-hero-brunette is now fully dressed.


Submitted (1 edit)


Basic map showing up. Also a new monster...

Submitted

Master Bawl and Dynamic camera

 
Submitted

After hitting a road block, I took the backseat for a few days and studied this excellent guide on how to build roguelikes in racket https://blog.jverkamp.com/2013/04/04/racket-roguelike-1-a-gui-screens-i/o-and-yo.... I completely gutted the rendering portion of the tutorial code, but kept a large majority of the procedural map generation, prototypes for tiles & entity structures. in my remaining days of the jam, I'd like to give the game an overall look & feel, as well as some clear and cut win/lose conditions. Here's a GIF of exploring the infinite surface of simplex noise

Submitted

Got most of my engine done; most of what remains is prose writing and level design.

Really happy with how it's coming together so far!

Submitted (1 edit)

I little gif of my progress. I can select units, move them and upgrade them by spending coins!

I could have achieved that quickly with an engine, but it wouldn't be fun, so my game is written directly in web assembly x)
I'm really proud of what I have so far, considering I started with zeros and ones to represent pixels...

Next step: AI for the opponent's moves

Submitted

Got keyboard event handling going, first stab at the arena combat state machine and coloured health bars.

Oh, and drinking wine ups your health...

Submitted

 Better map treatment, nicer dungeon walls. Now has animation system, with actual animations for idle and attack (so far). Using a simple per-mob state-machine and counter to handle that.

Oh, also tags characters with their names. Very important feature, that...

 

Submitted

I did a lot of work (spent too much time) with procedural map generation and it left very little time for developing gameplay. You can explore the infinite map and fight some baddies, and die!

Submitted

Looks great! Reminds me of Dwarf Fortress.

Submitted (1 edit)

Conversation system now working! Handles colours per character and such...

Of course, I broke the map display for when you go in a new room, but omelettes, eggs and so forth...