Play gameSaving P.I.P.O.'s itch.io page
|Game Play / Game Feel||#2||3.714||3.714|
|Innovation / Experimentation||#14||3.000||3.000|
|Presentation (itch listing)||#22||2.714||2.714|
Ranked from 7 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- Saving P.i.P.O. is a rare example of a game made under time constraints that was scoped just right - the art and sound are of consistently high quality and the game itself has just enough elements to remain interesting without being overwhelming.
- Saving P.I.P.O. - A puzzlegame where you have to save the plant on a spaceship. The game is simple, with minimal controls and easy to understand concepts. The game really excels at what they set out to do: Puzzles. The progression of the game is remarkable, usage of similar layouts, but with smaller pieces moved around makes for harder puzzles as you go, while at the same time familiarizing with the concept of moving boxes and rotating them. The art style is very clean, and stays that way consistently throughout the game. It is cute, efficient and does not become cluttery when playing the game, allowing for an easy overview of the game space. The music is also simple, repetetive and easy on the ears! Perfect for a game like this. For such a simple game, it really packs a punch, and I really believe that it could be sold on an appstore if more levels and puzzle elements were added. A big gold star for this one! The only complaint that I have would be to implement a feature where you can step back a few steps in case you would mistep and walk into fire or place a box wrong. The levels are small as is, but it would ease the feeling of tedium as you try and fail the levels over and over. Especially when the different solutions start getting more and more steps to it. Overall, the game is short and sweet, with enough complexity to make a person itch their head for solutions and combinations. Great work!
- Well done all around! I had a lot of trouble getting the grabbing mechanic to work however, it was really frustrating at first
- Great player onboarding, I've never played a game like this before, yet I could easily get in to this thanks to your tutorial levels. This is great stuff. I like pipo, i would give my life for pipo!
- An enjoyable puzzle game.
- Very tight puzzle game! Simple but very charming and challenging. You guys do a great job with presenting features one at the time without the need for any texts to read. Love the graphics and sound of this game! The only thing that I think needs work are the levels. It feels like you are playing the same level over and over again.
- Great little game! Extremely cute, both in terms of art and sound. The gameplay felt smooth, and the level design was clever. You managed to push the "turn around" mechanic pretty far, and I did have some satisfying puzzle-game "eureka" moments when I understood some new aspect of it. Overall, very good job!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.