Play gameAescension's itch.io page
|Game Play / Game Feel||#5||3.429||3.429|
|Presentation (itch listing)||#7||3.143||3.143|
|Innovation / Experimentation||#18||2.714||2.714|
Ranked from 7 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- It's fortunate that I am a patient person.
- Very, very good looking! Nice atmosphere in the game. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to finish the tile-stepping puzzle, so I couldn't finish my satanic ritual :(
- Very impressive game. Even the menus are excellent. A nice oppressive yet mystic atmosphere. I often got snagged on environmental collision, but that's no biggie. It was fun to walk around and explore the environment. Great work with the lighting and graphics.
- Excellent all around, really fantastic visual and audio design. It would really help to have some kind of basic orientation when starting, to get some feel for how to play the game. Also, some parts were extremely dark and I got lost bumping into walls because I couldn't see anything.
- The visuals are spectacular - not only does the game look really good, the settings were picked well to make the most of the time and resources the team had, and the lighting does a great job of guiding the player without making the game feel railroaded.
- Great work guys! You really managed to nail a cool theme on this one. The gameplay was simple, the puzzles were interesting and well thought out (Except for the last one which I really didn't get, I'll get back to that one). And the sounds were ominous. I really like the ascending aspect of the game, starting from the bottom and going to the top, fits the title and makes for an interesting visual change when completing puzzles. Now, that last puzzle with the floor buttons and the roof that crushes you. I am not completely sure how to solve that one without crashing into it over and over until I got the combination right. Was it the pentagram order? If so, make sure to give the players a hint or something to make sure they get it. The artstyle looked good! I think you managed to get a good aesthetic going with the darkness and the orange flames to light the dark up. Some places felt a bit too dark, but that might have been my own screen being jank. I must also say that the feeling of the swimming was great! It was a bit harder to control since you got speed on a set interval, but it was realistic, and cool! Well done once again! Keep it up :)
- Super impressed by this game! I was skeptical about a student project of 8 weeks conveying claustrophobia and a thrilling adventure that your presentation was about but I was dead wrong. Straight out of the box I was floored by the visuals and the sounds. The triggers for braises lighting up was set a great tone and I loved all the puzzles. A few tweaks here and there maybe needed for the jumping and swimming but overall an amazing experience that delivered! A game like this needs a killer ambient soundtrack but that is forgiven for an 8 week student project. Also great inch.io page.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.