Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Adding an open source license after the deadline? I only just found out it was required...

A topic by reverendmalerik created Oct 01, 2021 Views: 377 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

Really sorry. I only just saw the competition checklist. I've never done an open source license before. I thought it was enough to include the source code and all my files, which I did, but I don't even know which license to use or anything like that. Is GPL2 ok? I honestly don't know what I'm doing with this.

Sorry if I'm too late, I was honestly crunching so hard just to get the thing working in time for submission I didn't see the checklist.

Jam Host

Sure, that is an OK license. We'll make note of it.

Submitted

Same here, I set the license to MIT license. Let me know if something is missing to get the OSS bonus for G-ZERO.

Jam Host

MIT is ok:

https://github.com/gbdev/gbcompo21/issues/5#issuecomment-872790493

Submitted

Do I need to upload anything? I'm sorry, I'm new to the whole open source license thing.

Jam Host

No need to, we've taken care of it. :)

Submitted

Thank you very much :)

Submitted

I'm super late, but I have a related question: Our entry's repo includes license information in the README rather than in a separate LICENSE file. Is this a problem?

Jam Host(+1)

Yep, it's ok and I've made sure the license info for your entry is recorded. Having a license file might still be a good idea though.

Deleted 2 years ago
Jam Host(+1)

For some reason your entry was not recorded as open source, so I've updated it to fix that and added your github repo to the notes. 

Deleted 2 years ago