Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Any Unreal Users?

A topic by DinomiteGaming created 24 days ago Views: 304 Replies: 22
Viewing posts 1 to 13
Submitted

Just looking for fellow unreal fanatics in this chat. Can I get a holler?

Submitted

I'll be using UE for this jam too. 

Submitted

Very cool! I'll be using v. 5.2 myself! 

Submitted

I probably will too. I haven't tried 5.3 yet. 

Submitted

I haven't tried any future iterations recently either. You using megascans for your environments?

Submitted

Not sure yet if I will use megascans. After I get the idea and direction down I will decide on the art style. Will you use it?

I'm using 5.3

Submitted

I plan to use UE 5.4 with Angelscript and other plugins

Submitted

Never looked into Angelscript. I only ever blueprint. You going to be using mega can libraries or making your art?

Submitted

Not decided if 2D or 3D. If 3D then it will be pre-made free assets from different platforms, most likely stylized, so not Megascans.

Submitted

I'll be using Unreal 5.4 for this Jam.

Depending on the theme I may stick to Blueprints and make something super basic in terms of mechanics, with an eye on polishing and iterating feedbacks, UI and other elements as the core priority.

If time allows I'll share snapshots and commentary as I go.

Best of luck to all participants and I look forward to seeing what you guys produce!

I’ll be using either 5.3.3 or 5.4. I only know how to use Blueprints (and only some at that lol, but far more than I can with any other 3D engine!)

Submitted

It's all good! Sounds like an awesome plan though. If you need any help, feel free to message!

Submitted

You going to use mega scans?

Sure thing, thanks! I haven't decided yet. Depends on the art direction I want to take. I am just now starting to think about the theme lol.

Submitted

Holler! Unreal Engine user here. :)

Hi, jep unreal is my tool of choice :), this will be my third game jam with unreal.

Submitted

Unreal dev here,  checking in!

Yep, 5.4, blueprints. No mega scans (at least at this point). Will try keep everything simple, as I'm still coming to terms with UE, but the more I use it, the more I like it.

Submitted

Using 4.27 for our game!

Submitted

UE 5.4, Blueprints-only. 1st jam for me.
I already know what I'm doing, you can check out my devlog. Just Mannys running around basic geometry. 
Main aim is to participate for the freebie :]

Submitted

Using 5.4 and some of the megascans most probably with blueprints and c++ if needed.

Submitted

I am a UE5 (5.4) fan, I was hoping to use it for this jam but all the programmers on my team use unity, so we are going with it. I use UE to render my stuff from blender and plan to use it for virtual production soon (possibly)