Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

PDF Creation

A topic by Azathoth [Nell Tull] created Feb 23, 2021 Views: 356 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (1 edit)

What is a good free tool to create a PDF document?  I was using Wondershare PDF, but i don't think you want to see a big ugly watermark, haha!  Was going to try Inkscape next, but of you know of something better, let me know please!

Submitted

I think im going to buy Affinity Publisher on recommendation from Reddit user   The_Augur

Submitted(+1)

I have heard pretty much only positive comments around Affinity. Seems well worth the cost. I think there is a small learning curve, but there are plenty of resources out there to get started. I use InDesign myself, so I'm basing this on what others have said :)

Submitted

Affinity's on sale too, currently.

HostSubmitted(+2)

As a recent user of Affinity I can say, for the price, it’s a great product. Take advantage of their free trial period to try things out. 

Submitted
Deleted 3 years ago
Submitted(+1)

Yes, im in their free trial currently!  Going to have my hand at installing a few custom fonts today! hopefully i can install them the normal way , and dont have to use the affinity font store, or some other crap.

Submitted(+1)

Smooth sailing on windows at least. Install font the normal way and then open Affinity! Some fancypants fonts may work better with custom ligatures enabled through the Typography panel.

Submitted(+1)

I've been designing graphics in Gimp and then overlaying text in Scribus or openoffice.

Submitted(+1)

I just use Gimp. It can save as a PDF document if you save with the "pdf" extension on your filename. Each layer exports as a page.