I really like this! This is like gamifying being a better person, not only to others but also to yourself.
Recent community posts
One of the more drippy player classes ever conceived. Great work. I hope we get some fan art of people playing this class cause I'd love to see different interpretations of a spacesuit filled with slime :)
Ahh yes, and during our funding campaign for Vast Grimm, one of our campaign goals was inviting in a bunch of notable guest writers to create short adventures for Vast Grimm. Those are currently being written and a couple have already been submitted.
We know some of you may want to create new content around the Vast Grimm universe. This thread is the place to share if you make some 3rd party content.
IMPORTANT - the 3rd party license
1) Vast Grimm used the 3rd party license of MÖRK BORG. You will need to correctly label your content using the friendly MÖRK BORG license which can be found here.
2) Vast Grimm extends the 3rd party license above and must also be credited. This page here has the rules and everything you need to easily do that.
3) We want to foster a friendly, accepting, creative community around Vast Grimm. Please if you share on any of our official pages, we ask that you be polite, respectful, and accepting of others of all kinds. We will remove posts from any content we deem to be in violation of this basic rule.
Greetings Vast Grimm legionnaires,
Want to run a game and need a character sheet? Fear not. On the Vast Grimm website, we have some pre-made for you.
Good work for a first-time game. I got to the end. I was hoping for a pop up or something at the end. I guess one suggestion I might have is I've seen a game similar to this with a conveyor belt where you had to time player input to construct your product as it passed under the tool in the belt. That could add an interesting interactive element to it if you were wanting to keep working on it.
My entry is about 13 pages long. If when the printed Zine book is done, if the jam host would like to use any section or pages from the "optinomicon", just let me know and I can get add a 3rd party license brand, or crop a section, or whatever. Just let me know. Or you're free to crop, edit, and do whatever. I just had fun drawing eyeballs in my afternoons. I'm cool with whatever. :)
I just want to make sure I am understanding the jam's submission criteria. I saw Babalon's Hangover 1 was a bestiary of monsters. For this jam, it can be any kind of content, correct?
What I've learned. Unity's timeline is still a pain in the butt to work with. It worked a little better than what I'd done in the past, but it is still hard to work with the camera. Inserting audioclips and getting them synced correctly is pretty easy though. I still need to find a way to record video from the game camera. Never got around to that.
I started making something. I spent a lot of time thinking up an idea for an episodic comic strip sort of creation. This is what it looks like so far
I am using the Volcano part of the theme. Clearly I am an expert at 3D modeling.
Goals for the project:
- figure out Unity's Timeline feature. This will be my first time using that.
- Figure out how to best record from a scene in unity for video. I want to put each episode in an mp4. I could screen capture, but I want to see if I can find a better way.
- put a build on itch that can be played through one at a time.