Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Tell me about your projects!

A topic by nilkun created Sep 30, 2019 Views: 576 Replies: 18
Viewing posts 1 to 14

Hello all you happy fellow game devs!

So it has begun! I'm making a game inspired by Sid Meier's Pirates in vanilla JavaScript. I chose JavaScript because there is no compile time, and I can immediately see the changes I made to the game on screen. 

What are you making and what tools are you using, and why?

Hi!

I'm making a Halloween themed visual novel combined with turn-based RPG combat in Game Maker Studio 2.  I bought a premade VN-Script and customized it for my needs. The hardest part will be to do all the artworks and music :D

I can't wait to see everyone's projects evolve over the course of the month!

Hello!

I am making a DOOM style game. 2.5D, guns, pew pew, aliens. It will be FUN FUN FUN FUN.

Submitted

I'm always down for an old school Doom game!

Submitted

I'm doing a spin on Missile Command from the Atari games.  Missiles rain down and you have to stop them.  In the original you fired your own missiles back at the incoming missiles.

In my version, you're a ninja with a jetpack who has to cut the missiles with his sword.

I made a Missile Command-esque game for my last game jam! Looking forward to see your take on it!

Submitted

Here's a WIP gameplay GIF.

Looks fast-paced and fun!

I'm making a puzzle/platformer/ability game about throwing spears and using them to advance. I'm making it with Unity because I like it and have experience with the software.

I just created a topic about it, so check it out and tell me your thougths if you want :D

Making a godot fixed-screen platformer about a goblin protecting his warren from interlopers.

(1 edit)

Also working in Godot, making a 3D minesweeper-style game where you terraform an uninhabitable planet into a verdant biosphere. I wanted to make a project in Godot to get to know the engine, so this is the one!

Hi, I'm making an endless shooting hack n slash game. I plan on making this game in UE4 with C++. I'm trying to make a low poly character and functional animations. However, my main goal is to be more consistent and trying to reach the end goal and pushing out a ship-able product. So generally the game is going to be simple. Most of the stats will be not the character, but the weapons instead. Each weapon with different projectiles and patterns and can be upgrade-able. Testing how far you can go with the equipment that you picked out from the start.

3rd post for Godot! I'm gonna make some sort of sidescrolling melee game probably.

Submitted

Can I make a Zelda game in a month? Who knows? 

this looks dope! did you do this in the first three days, or was it an already existing project of yours?

Submitted (2 edits)

Thanks!

I'm trying to make an overhead adventure game in a month using one of my art asset packs. I made this in Multimedia Fusion in a couple days. I'm tempted to move the project over to Unity, but that seems a bit bulkier than I need.

https://itch.io/s/20355/notzelda-pack

Submitted (4 edits)

If this looks slightly confused, it's because I'm trying to play against myself.. it's a bit hard, it's an old local 1-4 player game that I started a while back but never truly finished (needs some fleshing out with new powerup types and balancing and bugfixing, sounds, etc) as well as writing an AI so you can play it even without a friend on the same keyboard :)

Hope to make the final bit of progress this month and finally publish it so people can play it! :D

It's being made in LÖVE. (will be tweeting about dev here every day hopefully: @_profan)

Submitted

I'm making a sweet/dessert based rpg called honey things:

I am going for a 2D stealth game I have been designing a few months ago but which was never completed. It's composed by 7 (possibly 8 levels) so I don't think it will be possible for me to have it all done by the end of October, but I will just take it as a way to get back in the loop. Can't wait to share the experience with you guys