SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Very tiny slight adjustment

A topic by Pabagames created Jun 22, 2021 Views: 270 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

Hi everyone
Like many of you, I was crunching till the very last hour. I accidentally made my two level game almost impossible to beat! I could change that with a single number and make it so much more enjoyable. I'm happy to be judged on my original submission of coarse,  but is it legitimate to upload a second version with a less crazy difficulty setting?

I can't confirm I'm afraid, but yep, I was also fixing and enhancing stuff last thing, but played safe by NOT uploading another build of my own submission after the deadline, so I hear you!

Hopefully you get a definitive answer shortly!

Submitted (1 edit)

I reuploaded after the deadline. I had a bug in mine where talking to any of the citizens in the game would change to the game end room(that was supposed to be on a specific citizen, not everyone), so I made that change and reuploaded. If its not adding major features but making a couple quick fixes, I'm not against that. But I'm not the one to judge.

Submitted

One tiny bug like that can make the whole game defunct so yes, I think it's absolutely appropriate to reupload for this kind of reason.

Submitted

I just uploaded a post jam version. That's how you usually do it. You basically admit that done is done but still give the players the opportunity to experience the game how it was actually intended - unless of course you think you have a shot at making top 3 and win real world money by let's say interpreting the already very lax rules of this jam a little bit more in your favour than anyone elses ; P

Submitted

Exactly, if it's in good spirit it's better to have the slightly tweaked version for people to enjoy. 

Host(+1)

I'm happy to allow small changes post submission deadline. Just be clear, quick and don't make huge changes.

(2 edits)

This is really good to know, cheers! - Will definitely help if last-minute bugs crept in (easily done in the rush!)...

Personally, I'll leave my own submission as-is now, but yeah, when you play your own game solid while testing, for over a week, you get too good at it, tweak it, etc, and forget how hard beginners might find it, to pick up the gameplay!

Submitted (1 edit)

Thanks for your updates - I'm not a frequent game-jammer so it's good to know the norm. 
I uploading a second version (normal mode) with the enemy spawn rate put back to normal. 
People can chose if they want to download the normal or super hard version.