Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

1 year!?

A topic by MYline media 馃懁 created Dec 14, 2020 Views: 313 Replies: 9
A moderator has unlisted this topic. It is not visible on the topic listing but you can still reply and make edits.
Viewing posts 1 to 10

Will the vote last for 1 year?

(1 edit)

I think ruby0x1 just restarted the submission process and made it 1 year long.

I assume this is a mistake, but as I spent a really big part of my week making a game specifically for this jam it really sucks that I can't get ratings or rate others games. 

EDIT - Looks like ruby0x1 left submissions open longer.  

Submitted

There's no voting or winning, 7dfps is not a competitive GameJam.

Host (1 edit)

Yes, there is no voting, and no rating. It's how 7dfps works: Submissions remain open indefinitely, and the easiest way to do that is set the date into the future. https://twitter.com/7dfps/status/1338392213735149568

But in the description of this Jam it literally:

when is 7dfps?

7dfps 2020 is December 4 - 13 in your local time.

Maybe you can change the description to "If you happen to make an FPS game and upload it to itch.io, add it to this list of other fps games where it won't get votes or ratings.."

Submitted

Wish you had said that somewhere. That's quite the let down for everyone who worked hard for this. 

Host

The jam is a personal challenge, and the concept of no rules means you can start early, or submit anything.... how would you imagine it to work any other way?

Sorry you feel disappointed but this is and always was a part of this jam and you still did the personal challenge part. Some people use the timer, many don't. Neither is invalid.

Thanks for the answers, bye.

It would be nice if you stick to a shorter defined period of time. Since this jam is so popular, it will keep one spot in the featured game jams blocked on the first page for 1 year.

Technically this is possible, of course, the issue is that you are taking that spot away from smaller jams that might benefit from the visibility offered by the first page.

Host

For reference, we're working with itch to get a better solution to keeping submissions open.
The tools we had were a date change or manually processing everyone, we chose the former.
It'll be resolved soon, hopefully.

Host unlisted this topic