Edit: As of November 22nd we are fully migrated to the new domains and CDN
- The following domain will no longer be used for HTML games & projects:
- The default domain for HTML games will be changed to
- The migration will happen in the next 90 days – we were recently notified of this update so we’ll post another update when we know the specific timeline.
Unfortunately, when we first launched HTML game support, we used a domain that was provisioned by our CDN. This came with some disadvantages, but we avoided changing it to prevent interruption to users. We are now being forced to switch away from this domain due to the change in providers. This may impact you in the following ways:
- If you used domain-based site locking for the domain
v6p9d9t4.ssl.hwcdn.net, your game will no longer work unless you add additional domains. Generally we recommend that if you use site locking, you allow the domain pattern
*.itch.zone. Any new CDN configurations we provision will always use a subdomain on
- Games that used save game state within the browser will lose all their save data, as things like
If you weren’t aware, for the past year we have provided a separate CDN configuration that serves your game through a domain we control,
html.itch.zone. If you are already using this option then you will not be affected by this update. Learn more here: https://itch.io/t/2025776/experimental-sharedarraybuffer-support Note that due to changes in response headers, this domain has not been set as the default for new projects, it is currently opt-in.
If you have any questions you can reply in this thread