I checked out your game at ECCC today and was hoping to leave some feedback about the game:
- the theme is very cute and catchy, which is great!
- simple multiplayer is a great approach. I like how there's only one interaction button.
- having a time limit was good since it causes players to communicate when time starts to run out.
- Alex was very friendly and positive, which was awesome. ;)
Here are some suggestions:
- would like to see variations in how dinos get knocked out and additional collaborative gameplay elements. For example, a particular dino may require 2 hits to stun him: one to flip him over, and one to knock him out. (2 players have to collaborate to time consecutive attacks) It be also fun to have dinos that have unique attacks: ex. large ones that stomp 2 times and jump, land, and shake the ground around it, causing players within a certain radius to drop their items - ones that roll around in a straight line that cause the player to get hit back/drop item - flying dinos can only be hit out of the sky with rocket bottles (this also being a 2 hit attack thing). It be also neat to see different items do different types of damage.
- be cool to have different game modes (cooperative / VS mode) I think having an option to troll your friend is important. (hehe)
- would suggest better warning system to player that they are off playable screen area. (give a few seconds warning and an arrow that points off screen of your character avatar/color/player number to give the player a chance to get back within the play space - like seen in games like Spelunky, Smash Bros, Bro Force, etc.)
- would suggest toning down (lowering contrast) ground tileset for arcade level.
- I think having different types of cages or goals for the dinos are interesting but I would suggest having some sort of visual consistency between each one. For example, you can always have a shining square in the middle or around the goal/cage that is always the same size/shape/color for visual consistency. It be also cool to have fancy visual/ audio rewards when a goal is made.
Hope this helps! Comments like these are always subjective so feel free to take and leave whatever you like. ;)
- emmy (that weirdo from the Headliner booth)