Be patient and keep in mind that none of this was considered possible before I have proven otherwise.
Recent community posts
That's... an interesting question. I think auto-jump may have gotten lost in spacetime while I was tweaking something jump-related (at one point had added the ability to jump a few frames after dropping off platforms, ala Spelunky). Perhaps in a future version.
Should be fixed by the next public version - people kept asking to make the mod save progress, so I did, but there was not nearly enough time to work on the feature, so it would end up being very rough around the edges (that is, in pretty much every area that is affected by multiplayer/chat command changes).
Once all new features are finished and all bugs are fixed. Hopefully next month.
I was planning to release the update late December, but life was busier than expected.
Scripting support itself is a task of insane complexity and takes time to refine.
You don't commonly see such a thing even in large commercial games made with similar tools, let alone in a freeware mod.
Because you've typo-ed "num_dirs" instead of "numdirs" on line assigning "dd".
Since this is JS, unset variable is equal to "undefined", math operations on it result in "NaN", and round(NaN) is... 1? Well.
Some preview versions of NTT have issues with replacing some sprites. There is no apparent dependency, but it's different sprites per version, leading me to assume that it's some issue with texture pages. I hope to either workaround the issue by the next public release or migrate the mod onto a version of GameMaker runtime that does not show the issue. In the current-most version /loadsprite includes a workaround, but /loadimage doesn't, therefore /savesprite'ing the sprite and /loadsprite'ing it back (replacing the base sprite with a same-looking imported one) before calling /loadimage fixes the problem.
I think you might have to update Flash Player (or pick the newest to open files if you've got a bunch installed) - that doesn't happen unless the thing is ran through a fairly outdated (pre-2013?) one.
That would be the next step after figuring things out [and ensuring that a simple depth=-(x+y) won't be enough for the case]. This is an example of how to do coordinate conversions themselves.
In multiplayer, everything is unlocked by default. In single-player, it uses a separate savefile. You can import your regular NT save via "/loadgame nuclearthrone.sav" -> "/savegame nuclearthronetogether.sav".
Indeed. A few people had suggested that commands could have been added for changing game text, but, unfortunately, it is a pretty big effort as for the end result.
Upcoming update will introduce ability to create custom characters - with that you have full control over text/sprites/behaviour for the thing.
Options menu is locked only if you are in online multiplayer or have replay recording enabled (since it does not work correctly in both cases). I'll be looking into fixing that for next update.
It was originally planned to let the player wander/mess around in a tutorial/campfire scene like area while they wait, but I've soon discovered that the game breaks a lot on "soft restarting", so that was put off.
You can safely minimize the game though - when someone joins, the game will make a sound, and the window title will be switching between normal and "(Player joined!)" every second or so until you switch to it.
That could be an issue with the code that resets some variables on session start (entering the character select menu from main menu). I assume that changing it from in-game options menu should have it stick correctly.
Saving/loading saves/loads only the unlocks, not the entire game state; it does not work in main menu (none of the commands work in main menu - it is an accident that you can open chat as such there).
The reason to disabling stats is pretty simple - those broke entirely very early in mod development for no known reason. To the point where picking the menu would just have it slide from the right, not stop for the screen, and continue accelerating into infinity.
Since the mod historically didn't store savefiles at all (unlocking everything on session start), this wasn't a problem.
Now that I've spent several days on getting savefiles working and transmittable in multiplayer, the issue is more apparent.
I guess I'll need to fix this sometime.
There are a couple of problems like that, URLs inside strings (causes highlight as comments), and few other things.
Ultimately this should probably be rewritten to have an actual parser instead of global regular expressions.
You could edit the class names in the source code to point to code boxes specific to your forum and load it as a JS file in the end of the page.
If there's CodeMirror support, you could create a GML highlighter plugin for it based on JS highlighter or C highlighter. It's not too tricky.
The issue is moderately mysterious and restarting Steam before re-running the game fixed the problem for everyone so far.
It is supposedly something about Steam API choking instead of doing what it has to (NTT constantly has to poll it for friend invitations or they won't work).
Ping setting is limited to how long a game frame takes to process, because timing is frame-based in GameMaker.
Nuclear Throne runs at 30FPS (and this cannot be easily changed) so you get 1000/30 = 33.3ms steps.