Thanks, glad you liked it!
Recent community posts
Using the hot air to rise up was a nice mechanic! Like the others said it's easy to cheese it by just hovering over in the corner, but I still got a good idea of the mechanics from the game . Another idea, instead of the gun, would be to close your umbrella for a second to drop lower to avoid fireballs, rather than shooting them, but that might be too difficult
Thanks! What do you mean by the clipped off area? That the arena/playing area is too small? It was a bit of a rush to get the game submitted on time, so the level itself could use a lot of work!
Great entry! From the name and screenshots I thought it was going to be a Downwell clone, but it was far from it and it was really fun! Very clever mechanics and really suits the theme of the jam
Just downloaded this after seeing it on twitter. Great idea for a game, played about an hour so far, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I really enjoy games like this which give you a system to play around with and come up with your own creative solutions to a problem. The UI is really nice and clear, both in the AI editor and in game. It's also really quick and easy to reconfigure the AI and replay the level once you realize you're not going to win that particular battle. It's the kind of game I would replay a lot in order to get the perfect run/ least amount of casualties
A few suggestions from my playthrough:
- The Actions and Conditions can be a bit confusing at times, especially to people who aren't familiar with behavior trees or AI. Something which could help would be to have a text box at the bottom of the Action or Condition which explains what the node will do once the player has it configured. e.g. "When the closest enemy is in medium range, this condition is successful" "When this robot has the ball, this condition is successful" or for an Action "Attack weakest enemy if their health is less than 50% and they are within medium range"
- As it stands, the levels could use a bit more variety and strategy (understandable as it's an early alpha!), I actually passed a lot levels in a row with the same AI set-up. Some obstacles on the map or objectives to defend could mix up the gameplay a bit. Also assigning two separate AI types, one passive type to retrieved the ball and the others to attack/defend them may be interesting.
- Double click or left click to open the Action or Condition would be faster than pressing the "Edit" button on the left of the screen
- The condition node > "condition" option, has a button to turn it to positive or negative, but it's confusing which is which. An "X" and "✓" would be easier to understand
- I'd change the "Improve Attack Range" tutorial name to "Approach Enemy Before Firing" or "Get in Range of Enemy Before Firing", as I was initially looking for ways to improve my weapon range in the AI editor
Overall I'm really impressed with the idea and progress so far and will definitely be checking it out again with future updates.