Sounds like a good plan! From the looks of your devlog, you deserve it :) As game-breaking bugs go, the endscreen issue isn't particularly serious since it happens after your die, hehe.
Recent community posts
- Found a couple more secrets! And now there are more enemies showing up in some levels, which makes leveling up a fair bit easier. I even hit Level 4 once! One of those secrets I only found by accident, though... (I'd played about 2 hours prior to this.)
- The reload time of the shield-throwing enemies seems too long--sometimes I'm just sitting there, waiting for them to throw again so I can hit them.
- The reverse-gravity particles could use some more contrast--they're a bit hard to see on gray backgrounds.
- Mad props for making the ice platforms catch you at the ends!! Ice physics are much more fun when they're not screwing you over ^^;
I've been trying to think of a summary of my experience for like 15 minutes, so instead I'll jump straight into some bullet points. This is on the Steam version, on Windows 10.
- The underwater pipes that blast you up could use some visual indication that they're "charging"--I tried jumping off of them prematurely, repeatedly missing the platform I needed to get to, and didn't realize you had to sit still on them. Maybe some sort of swirly bubble effect?
- The cheats menu text is pretty hard to see against the dark background, and there's no indication of what options you've selected, which sucks if you don't remember what things you had on. Also, the colored bars are a little distracting, IMO? Maybe they could be slowed down a bit.
- The little red bots that pop out of the tiny blue floor capsules seem a little unfair; they only give you a tiny fraction of a second's warning before they fire at you, which is not really enough time to react. What's more, it's impossible to predict when they'll actually pop up, since they only try to fire when you're in range. (And sometimes not even that--there's a bit at the end of one ice level where I climb up a ladder at the right end of the screen, and I need to shoot a turret to my left next to a teleporter, but even hovering near the top of the ladder won't make it shoot at me; I have to climb all the way up for it to eventually notice me, and now I have to resort to jumping to dodge it, instead of ducking down the ladder.) It seems like my only recourse here is to just spam bullets at them until they eventually pop up and get destroyed, which can suck if unlimited ammo is off.
- Speaking of ladders, the climbing speed feels a bit slow to me. After doing the various ladder parkour sections multiple times, they become boring and almost lethargic-feeling, as I spend a lot of time holding Up and waiting until I get high enough.
- I enjoyed the game without cheats, but after a good deal of gameplay I tested out a damage multiplier, then decided to just plow through the game and disabled my own damage and maxed out my damage multiplier. However, all this time I had only gotten to Level 2 a few times, and although I reached it more often now, I still only hit Level 3 once or twice. I found myself wishing for a cheat to modify how much of your level gets taken off when you take damage, which I might have used in place of a damage multiplier earlier on. Basically, this cheat would only take down part of your level bar when you take damage (think Cave Story), and at its fullest extent would prevent you from losing levels at all.
- I never used...what was it, Hyper Blast? I don't even remember the name now ^_^; Basically, reaching Level 2 alone was already fairly infrequent, and I always wanted to hang on to it for as long as possible before I inevitably got hit. I didn't see the need for spending it just to get invulnerability and extra damage for a bit (though maybe I should have?).
Okay, that's enough specific criticisms! In general, I had a lot of fun exploring the levels and blowing up enemies (I really like the artstyle!). Having cheats available without judgement was nice too--I probably would've left the game alone after a while if they weren't around. It's especially satisfying when cheats are on and I can blow up those damn purple ceiling turrets in one hit, and they give off a giant explosion!!
I only found one secret, I think? I wanna find more. In fact, now that I've had a long break, I think I'll go try that again ^_^ I'll try not to accidentally graze a spike 4 bosses in this time...
I'm playing the Steam version on Windows 10, and for some reason I can't seem to take screenshots, no matter what button I assign to the task. I can open the Steam overlay fine, but pressing the screenshot button does nothing. In fullscreen, Print Screen just gives me a white picture, too, so that doesn't help.
I also encountered the broken endscreen bug a couple times, which seems like it's a known issue. It was pretty rare, though.