Minor spelling error (brough -> brought)
Recent community posts
Thanks for the feedback. I'm strangely unable to recreate the inconsistent sliding you experience at 6:06 in the first video, but I'll look into improving my collision code. I'm also mortified that you escaped into the chamber past the red key D:
Thanks for the feedback.
- Running will be the default in future builds. Walking speed may also be adjusted.
- You can select 3 crosshairs in the options menu. Click the "down" arrow button below the "Always Run" checkbox. I will try to make this more noticeable in the future.
This only appears to have Windows binaries.
EDIT: Ran it in Wine. Pixel art looks nice, game mechanics are solid. Would be nice to get controller support or rebindable controls, since J/K/L are a little awkward for me.
Had trouble finding the shotgun since it camo'd nicely with the asphalt at the end of the road. Would have been better to place it at the bench near the shells. The gun itself looks and performs nicely, though!
The loading screen is also a nice addition.
I like the new "cyber neon" look and feel you've given to the main character and in the music. My only issue is that "interact" and "reload" are unbound by default. I got killed the first time when I found myself out of ammo and unable to react. However, even if the key is bound, I recommend auto-reloading when this occurs.
"Interact" being unbound feels awkward since you literally need it to complete the demo.
Visuals and polish in places like physics and movement are nice. I found the game a little difficult and wasn't able to get farther than the first checkpoint. Maybe I just need to get better.
I'm not a fan of slowing the player down when they do the swipe attack, because I don't having my movement interrupted. Maybe this could be done for throwing rocks instead.
Liked the old school touch on finding the secret.
I'm getting graphical issues on my Intel HD4000 graphics under Linux, probably resulting from these failed shader compiles.
ERROR: Failure to compile UnlitShader
0:13(23): error: no matching function for call to `texture(sampler2D, vec2)'; candidates are:
ERROR: Failure to compile Worldhader
0:17(23): error: no matching function for call to `texture(sampler2D, vec2)'; candidates are:
0:18(23): error: no matching function for call to `texture(sampler2D, vec2)'; candidates are:
It would be nice to receive some additional feedback when getting a vampire artifact. Right now, looting a chest that has one doesn't feel any different than looting other chests, other than seeing a number go up in your objectives. Maybe playing a diffent sound or emitting different particles would help make the loot feel more meaningful.
Minor issue: In the Lockpicking section of the Help Menu, the bindings for tapping and forcing a pin are not shown (tested with keyboard and with gamepad connected). The in-game lockpicking message in the first mission does not have this issue.
Same mistake I made a while ago. :)
The ./configure script for SDL2 should show what libraries/features are compiled into SDL2 at the end. I believe I had missed some important X11/OpenGL packages. Instead of failing, the build produced a flawed SDL2 shared library without all targets built in.
I really recommend getting the library from the Steam Runtime, but if you'd rather build yourself, see the dependencies here:
Thanks, the issue seems fixed in the newest zip. Running ldd on ./Vamp shows the supplied SDL2 library is being preferred first.
I have one other issue/question. Where did you get your SDL2 shared lib from? It seems to be causing an issue that renders my monitor unusable when the game enters fullscreen. Using my system-provided SDL2 allows fullscreen to work.
I remember running into this issue with my own game when I compiled SDL2 myself without having some X11 libraries installed.
If you're not already doing this, you should probably be getting the SDL2 library from the Steam Runtime, which is what that the SDL wiki also recommends ("known good", it's called).
Upon further troubleshooting, it seems the issue is with the symlinked SDL2 libraries included. Deleting them and making my own link with the included library worked. I wonder if the symlinks were not properly preserved in the zip file.
./Vamp: error while loading shared libraries: ./libSDL2-2.0.so.0: file too short
Removing the included SDL2 libraries allowed me to run the game using my system libraries.