There is no problem for you to ask your questions here.
Recent community posts
The problem with greenlight is that players must vote for the project in order to work. So players need to know that the project exists on greenlight. For that, we need to advertise our project, in an extremely competitive market, even if our game is free. This therefore involves a lot of work.
We would like to publish our game on this platform. But we prefer to wait for the post-greenlight (Steam direct ?) and that the project is a little more known. At least, we will try to do that with our next project.
- (A) I created a lobby but no one can join it.
Dope TrashCanners doesn't use dedicated servers, nor relay servers. Thus, the "host" (or the lobby maker) must configure his router (or his computer) to allow the other players to join his lobby.
Firstly, you must check that you are connected to the Master Server (written as the top left of the lobby interface).
If you are not, players can't see your lobby (but they can join it with your IP address). In this case, you must check that you are connected to the internet. If you are, then the problem comes from the Master Server itself.
If you are connected to the Master Server. Congratulations! The Master Server is not the problem. But your router is.
So, you have three options:
1) If you have access to your router, you can open or forward the port 7777 (UDP and TCP) to your computer. This guide summarizes how to do it: https://portforward.com/router.htm .
2) If you have access to your router, you can also enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play). If this works, the game will not ask you to check if the port 7777 is open.
3) If you don't have access to your router or you don't want to screw up, you can use Hamachi, in order to create a virtual network. However, this solution works only with your friends, not with the Master Server. If it doesn't work, try forcing port 7777 (UDP and TCP): Hamachi port guide
You only need to apply one of its three solutions.
- (B) I can't join a lobby.
If you can't join a specific lobby, it's probably because the host has misconfigured his router (see previous question (A))). You can't do anything about it.
Otherwise, if you can't join ANY lobby, this may be due to a connection problem or you are on a closed network. In this case, Dope TrashCanners is not the real problem.
- (C) My ping is bad! I lost my connection!
The problem of latency or loss of connections depends very much on the quality of the host's network and the distance you have with him (ping!).
We do our best to reduce latency and synchronization issues. Nevertheless, everything will depend on the host's network.
Since the game was released, players found it very difficult to find other players or to join a lobby. This new version aims to solve all these problems.
In addition, we have put in place a FAQ to help those who have difficulty creating or joining a lobby.
- The number of available players is displayed.
- Games in progress are displayed.
- Optimization of the master server.
- Improved error handling.
- Fix: Display of the servers list.
- And various fixes.
- Nerf: Fusion skill.
- Nerf: Multiple fire weapons.
- Fix: AI Difficulty.
We were a bit unlucky: our Master Server has fallen, due to a strong influence of players.
On this surprise (thank you!) we decided to upgrade our server, so that more players can play. Currently, the server is working again.
Thank you for the waiting! :)
For 24h, the (previous) Master Server has fallen, due to a strong influence of players.
On this surprise (thank you!) we decided to upgrade our server, so that more players can play.
However, this means that you must download a new version of our game, in order to connect to the new Master Server.
Thank you for the waiting! :)
Dope TrashCanners is an online multiplayer shooter. Your goal is to have the best score of the game by killing your opponents or destroying crates.
However, each time you die, you gain a new skill.
We are the Punxel Team: Uubu (graphic designer), Detox (composer) and Louck (developer). And this is our third project.
The idea behind this concept is that the weaker players can take revenge on their enemies by becoming stronger (technically), while offering new challenges and constraints to the strongest players.
Our goal is that our game balances over time, while making it fun for both sides.
Of course, the stronger will also be rewarded for their efforts ... in graphic effects, in a better soundtrack, and in a better score ;).
- Online multiplayer game, up to 4 players (with or without bots).
- Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch, on 6 various maps.
- 30 different skills, you can get by dying.
- 6 primary weapons, 4 secondary weapons and 8 powerups, to be even stronger.
- Crates and Bushes, to protect you, to hide, or to become vicious.
- 13 editable game parameters, to configure its game as we want.
- Totally free!
We would be very grateful if you could leave a comment regarding our project. Your opinion is very important, for the project and for the next one :).