Recent community posts
- In the previous release when killing an enemy, skulls were automagically rewarded. Now the enemy drops a skull for you to pick up.
- Taking damage no longer reduces the multiplier to 1x, but lowers the current multiplier by 1.
- The lava themed levels now have a new tile set. The spikes which are basically copies of the icicles in the ice themed levels will be changed at a later time.
- New enemy: Phantomskull. Loads up bunch of bullets and shoots them in all directions.
- Shops! Hidden in the depths of the mooncaves you can find shops to trade your skulls for items/skills. The good news is that the shops are fully functional (mostly with placeholder art) but the bad news is only the first shop contains items (the others are still empty). So more to come!
I'm back, baby. That's right I'm back, took some time off and went on a short vacation. It seems I didn't do a changeblog for prototype 7 so I'll try to add the changes made in that release to this changeblog (as far as I can remember them). This however does not mean that this will be a massive changeblog as progress has been slow lately.
- Prototype 7 had some really bad balance issues concerning the amount of power used by some weapons when shooting. Meaning some weapons would never be able to fully drain you power level.
- Touching any enemy will cause damage to the player. In the previous releases only 2 specific enemies would cause damage to the player when touching them.
- Killing enemies rewards you with skulls. For now they don't serve any purpose, but in future releases they can be traded for skills/items etc.
- Killing all enemies in a stage will increase your multiplier for killing enemies (see above).
- Taking damage reduces the multiplier to 1x.
- The Plasmablaster weapon now consumes power while charging. Previously this would just take a large chunk of power when pressing fire. This would also mean you would lose a lot of power when not finishing the charge.
- When a enemy is hurt a small number appears to show the amount of damage taken.
- A new fire type enemy spawning small fire skulls that will try to touch you. Killing this enemy will spawn a explosion of multiple bullets.
- A new background theme: Lava (the art for this theme is temporary and was only added to provide a home for the new enemy mentioned above).
- The game now runs on a lower resolution, however weapons and other rotating objects look less pixelated when the game is running full screen.
- Made some changes to the HUD, to better suit the new resolution and to prepare for future additions.
- New weapon: Chainsaw
- New weapon: Lasergun
- New weapon: Laserrifle
- The bouncer enemy had some collision issues.
- The radius of the searchlight is smaller when you are inside a twilight themed level.
- If you pickup a weapon and the weapons slot it belongs to is already in use, the HUD will show you what weapon will be dropped.
- A weapons that is switched for another weapon is dropped and can be pickup again as long as you stay in the same level.
- The player and enemy sprites now have black outline (except for the enemies in the twilight themed levels)
- A new enemy which shoots a burst of 10 bullets with it's 3 eyes.
- Music and sfx volume controls.
- The length of a run displayed at the game-over statistics screen was sometimes not right.
- Level size has been decreased and enemy density has increased.
- Air molecules are less likely to appear when you still have plenty of air left.
- Damage caused by enemies and/or their bullets has increased.
- Weapons consume a lot more power, but power also recharges faster.
- Weapon crates are more likely to be found.
- A simple tutorial has been added to the introduction scene.
- New weapon: revolver (shoots one bullet, that is faster and causes more damage then the regular handgun).
- Superweapons: super revolver, super machinegun, super shotgun & the super grenade launcher. Superweapons can be recognized by their red color. They have faster reload times and are more precise. For the moment their bullets are the same as their normal counterparts, but in future releases they are likely to cause more damage.
- A new background theme: Twilight zone.
- 2 enemies for the new twilight theme.
Hey, thanks for the feedback. The one-time weapon is a cool idea. I have seen it in other games, but hadn't thought about adding it in my own. I was thinking about adding a pre-screen with some explanation on how the air/power works, but your suggestion is a also good idea. Thanks again :)
It's been 2 weeks since the release of the last prototype. Lots of smaller changes have been made. Added a new weapon and also a new enemy. Hopefully I'll be able to release the next prototype as fast as this one, two weeks sounds like a decent interval between releases.
- Rocketparts are no longer destroyed by explosions.
- The Plasmablaster wasn't working correctly when playing with a gamepad.
- Weapons consume more power.
- Also the handgun (equipment when starting a game) now also uses power
- In the previous prototypes recoil only worked while the player wasn't moving. Heavier weapons like the grenade launcher and the shotgun now also cause recoil while moving.
- The small exploding enemies who live in groups, are now a little bit bigger and the color changed to red.
- When entering a room a radar scans the level for rocketparts. If there is a rocketpart in the level, a little icon will be shown in the right-bottom of the screen.
- New weapon: shotgun (shoots 5 particles in one blast)
- New enemy: bouncer (after charging, speeds up and tries to slam into you)
Unfortunately this took longer then expected. I made some simple changes, but this affected much more things then expected. So I had to fix all of it before I could release. And then I got sick, so that sucked. Anyway it should all be done now. For the next prototype I'll try to come up with some new enemies and/or weapons.
- On some (older) machines, the first prototype was running way to slow.
- Small issue which could cause the player to get stuck in the walls.
- Jetpack particles spawned at a wrong position when being sucked into a portal. Due to the speed this was hardly noticeable though ;)
- The size of the mooncave has been reduced from 80+ rooms to 50.
- The number of rocketparts is now 20 instead of 24.
- Changed the parallax background settings.
- Changed the appearance of the background mist fx and moved it to the front as part of the fog of war.
- The searchlight got a little bigger and it's appearance changed a little bit
- Instead of using the mousewheel to switch between the 3 weapons slots, you can now also use the 1, 2 and 3 keys to select a different weapon slot.
- Grenades now explode faster.
- Text balloons. The Major can now give the player some small hints or scream like a little baby when getting sucked into a portal.
- Snow/ice cave theme.
- Shoot the green spiky enemies to set them in motion and use them to hurt/destroy other enemies. Be careful not to get hit yourself though.
Hey thanks, this is actually the first let's play MoOoN has got. Will definitely add the 1/2/3 key bindings for the weapons. Unfortunately you got a little lost and went back the wrong way, would have loved to see you getting further in the game. Pressing [M] would showed a map for navigation. Thanks again for playing and providing me with valuable feedback.