Pretty big week for the project, lots of polish, bug fixing, and play-testing with friends.
I've also spent a fair amount of time optimizing it for lower-end computers - which my 2012 MacBook Air definitely qualifies as. It turns out some of Unity's post-processing effects are quite expensive for older Intel integrated GPUs, so the game now does its best to auto-detect that sort of thing and disable the shadows and ambient occlusion effects to boost the framerate from ~21fps to ~60fps.
On a similar note, it turns out my outline shader had some amusing floating point precision issues between DirectX, OpenGL, and Metal shader languages, compiled from the base Unity shader. Where a multiplier of 0.242 was fine for DirectX, it would cause the outline to be obscenely massive in OpenGL and Metal which both preferred a number closer to 0.007. Math. It goes to show you really do need to test on as many platforms and graphics chips as possible.
The game got a few user experience tweaks too. Each chunk type now gets a different shade of orange so you can more easily pick the placed types out from the whole build,without having to hunt around and figure out what's where. I'm not totally happy with the colors, but it feels good and play-testers liked the change. I tweaked the toolbar to be nicer to use too, and not reset every time you place something.
I also got off my butt and set up a Steam store account, and spent a bunch of time setting up a store page for the game and doing initial Steamworks integration. Expect an announcement for that soon! I plan on releasing the game on both Itch and Steam, with possible distribution via GoG and/or Humble if I can get on them.