you can work as a team of any size you want
Recent community posts
1. No there is no discord server (yet?) because I didnt think it would be necessary for a small jam like this. If you want to team up you can use this forum to find team members and make your own discord for the team if you want. If this jam series gets bigger I will consider making a discord server in the future.
2. There will be a "submit project" button after the jam has started. When submitting a game, itch will create a thread for it automatically. The rating will also be in that thread. The threads can then be found in the "entries" tab. Check out some other already finished jams to see what that looks like.
Nice game! I like the graphics! The shooting feels satisfying, nice particle and sound effects. Upgrades seem somewhat balanced too.
Some bugs/issues I found:
- The web version was not scaled up properly, it only showed a small little area at the bottom left
- The double bullets upgrade doesnt stack with accuracy upgrade
- If you have maxed out reload speed you cant die at the end:
You know what, that sounds great actually!
I have been thinking of adding more stuff to the game, especially procedural generation. As it stands now, its basically just the same small game with the same hardcoded level as it was 2018, but with nicer graphics.
I have checked out some of your music and you make some great tunes man! Msg me on discord Manuel_#2867 if you wanna discuss details!
Nice puzzle game. Some sounds/music would be nice. Also if you click to fast it doesnt recognize inputs, little annoying to wait until the ball has finished animating to the next tile, try buffering future moves in a list.
Can you give me a hint on how to progress? Interacting with the phone doesnt do anything.
Suggestion: You are already using unity 2D shadows, so why not make the flashlight use an actual 2D cone light, would look a lot better and would also interact with walls.
Nice art, but the base game is a little boring. I read you added modding support to add your own songs which is cool but for a game jam game thats mostly gonna be played in browser its not something people will try out unfortunately.
Dude I love this one! The music/rythm aspect is perfect! It's a fair bullet hell game, I died once in the final phase and beat it on the second try. Graphics are nice too, very NES-like. Had a lot of fun! My first 5-star all across the board!
Here are some suggestions:
- checkpoints could be nice after each phase
- faster movement would make you feel a little bit more in control, maybe even just slightly
- always follow mouse instead of hold click, because there isnt ever a reason to not hold click
- stop bullets when dialogue appears
good looking environment, but i couldnt really get it going. how do you do anything else if you have to constantly use attack so you dont die? how do you recharge your shield, the ball doesnt lower into the pedestal. what do you do with the signal detector?
It feels quite hard, but it really isn't once you find out that you only lose if you dont touch the circle at all for 3 seconds so thats quite easy to do. I don't know what the point of filling up the rainbow signal bar is. Also, bug i noticed sometimes the music and background animation stop for a few seconds while the game still keeps going.
This is way to hard for me, the same exact mechanics but with vertical movement instead of horizontal as well as moving the wave bar closer to the other two so its always in view would make this a lot easier without even changing the gameplay, just UI/UX is very akward.
I liked that, very unique! Felt like the melodies were a little unpredictable at times. Also you should put a note somewhere that you move and aim wherever your mouse cursor is, took me some time to figure that out.