Yeah, i'm in the process of refactoring or maybe rewriting the code. Need to get the multiplayer mechanics in better shape as the code for this first version was a mess.
Vicious Robot Rodent
Recent community posts
So, today i decided to try and get my video capture up to speed (recently switched from windoze to linux as main dev machine). Finally made it so i can capture a nifty gif:
Obviously, i still need to find out how to capture 60fps video on my box :(
Hey this looks great!
Quick question, are you going to release on Linux too? It would be a shame to not support that platform as more and more steam boxes are hooked up to TVs and this seem like a good couch romp for the family.
Uploading new build with Hero powerups that drop from the aliens. Still need to add new sounds for the powerups and UI elements that let the player know how much of them they have still active.
I'm thinking of adding a way for aliens to have powerups too, still deciding how to add them (maybe sacrificing an alien that crashes with the hero grants temporary powerups to the rest of the swarm?).
- How to play?
- Just unpack the archive and run tds on linux or tds.exe on Windows, neat uh?
- What are the controls?
- The left and right cursor controls the hero ship. Space fires the main weapon and Z fires the alternate one.
- To control the alien swarm, you just click over an alien to make it fire its alternate weapon or drag it to initiate a dive to trample the hero ship. You can drag the alien ship to the direction you want it to make its initial fly.
- How do i deactivate sounds/music?
- No controls for now :( sorry
- How do i quit a currently playing game?
- ESC key is your friend.
- My game is sluggish/unresponsive/hangs?
- Please, let me know your OS, GPU, CPU and RAM so i can debug it.
Ok! I've released a downloadeable version!
This week i've added sounds, music, explosions, camera shake and a menu screen.
Remaining to include are:
- AI for the Hero (it just shoots mindlessly for now).
- More variety of enemies.
- Mini bosses waves.
- Bosses waves.
- Network play.
I intend to eventually do a Mac release, but as i don't have any way to test them releases that's gotta wait. Windows downloads should be working, i'm going to test them soon as it is kinda late around here :D (EDIT: Windows works!)
Hi all! First time poster here!
I've begun this week working on a game which twists a little bit the Galaga-like clones of yore. I was developing a Top Down Shooter (hence "project TDS") but it degenerated into a Galaga-like game.
The game pits two players in a (for now) endless battle for points, where one side has the ultra-mobile "hero" ship and the other is the "swarm" side.
Currently doing it as kind of a pressure relief, as real life is driving me nuts and want to create a small game that brings something "kind of new" to the table.
Missing still are:
- More visual effects
- More types of "baddies"
- Powerups for the hero
- "Boss" battles and such
Planned, but not prioritary are network play and some sort of leaderboard.
Another thing is that it is all done using Phaser.io, which enables me to target a lot of platforms at the same time. Nice!