I worked on this idea again in 2019 for 2-3 month but the result was not as good as I expected. So I gave up on this idea. I still love the core idea of this game and I'm happy to see people enjoying it !
Recent community posts
The spaceship turn way too fast for me to be able to do better than 471m. I understand how you want to make the game fit the theme, but It's frustrating to not being able to play longer, especially for the powerup system which seems very interesting.
Well. Before playing your game I was thinking the "removing control from player" approach was not a good one for this theme. You totally changed my mind about that. The game game is gorgeous and the gameplay really work. The kick attack really help to not feeling too much powerless when some important control are missinged. This is very smart.
I find the game fun but very slow. Maybe every move ( turn and forward ) should be stacked as potion so you can use them whenever you want. Another solution would be to remove the turn action and let the player do the turn with a left and right button for one action point.
The game is pretty simple but it's easy to progress and the difficulty curve is nice. I would have prefer more oriented puzzle levels ( with warper, move refiller positions ) instead of just avoiding ennemies. But I guess such levels woudl be way more long to design...
I finished Spectacle yesterday and Infested today, they are both wonderfull games. You made me discover this genre, I already had a try at Shadowgate on emulator a long time ago, but got quickly discouraged. Now I guess I will have another try on these nes classics, it will help me to wait until your third adventure game !!
Slavery and weapons are not like other resources. Some law can forbid slavery or weapons and cut your trade routes. It could have work with drug, I didn't think about offending anyone with this choice, I just wanted some quick illegal trade idea ( it was a 48h game jam )
The ship should be re-spawned in a zone with no monster or danger. There used to be some case when it was not working ( laser beams or flamer ) but it should be fixed now. Do you remember what monster/danger killed you on respawn ?
Thanks for the detailed report !
The girold 2 unkillable rolling pills should be already fixed on 0.79 ( you can see your version number above title on titlescreen ) Girold levels have also been reorganized. Please tell me is you still feel they're too long this way.
I will try to fix all the other bugs reported on the version 0.80 release ( probably this week )
Hello ,everyone !!!
I need some beta testers for my action game voidrun .
There's a free downloadable demo but here's 10 free product keys for the full version :
// UI / MECHANICS CHANGE
- Added the curses system ( for HARD, VERY_HARD and NIGHTMARE )
- Quest are now instantly activated when completed.
// BUG fixes
- Fixed a bug where armies and monsters could not deal more damage than your folk number.
- Fixed a bug that allow you to use woodcutter more than one time per day.
- Fixed a bug where last dice sent on a quest earn money on their way back to round table.
// GAME BALANCE
- BUILDINGS all loose one glory point ( except tower and church )
- BALLISTA : To place a knight you must now pay a price equal to its value.
- WOODCUTTER : cut dice are now broken ( this will shatter at the end of the turn
- LANCELOT : Rework : Send an extra dice each turn this dice can't be rerolled.
- PENDULUM : new effect > Convert a beast to defend your castle.
// NEW CONTENT
- [beast] BEHEMOTH : 5 + 10 atk points for each buildings you have.
- [boss] VORTIGERN : When Vortigern comes into play, add a curse on the board. Remove this curse is Vortigern is defeated.
- [boss] ACCOLON : When accolon comes into play remove all dice from unfinished quests. Accolon gain 20 atk points if you have excalibur.
It's a known bug : Beast and armies can't deal more damage than your total folks. It means that all damage on your defense was not higher than 10 and even less after your folks go down to 1. I plan to release v 0.5 very soon.
Oh I didnt see this post...
I'm interested in Leo ability you described I will probably try it. For Arthur it seems a bit complicated ( It would be the only clickable hero ) and I also feel it may be broken. Sacrifice would be a good option but maybe not for arthur. At this point I think maybe we should create more than 6 heroes ( unlockable ? ) and let the advanced player design his own hero table. I'm thinking about it ( I also want a hero around money mechanic etc )
I'll try to add Accolon on the next version. Maybe with your first ability version. This one would be like not using quest every 2 turns because I guess very few player do 2 quests at the same time.
thank you It's helpful. I'm also welcome to suggestions for the icon I should use for as many dice as possible of one kind. A lot of people think it's only 3 dice. Before that I used a ⚂ ... ⚂ icon that was not working better. Any ideas ?
PS : The woodcutter bug will be fixed in next version.
Ah I didnt think about the pendulum and beer interactions with the new rules. I will probably redesign pendulum.
I made almost 0 playtest with the woodcutter, I need to play with it and fix the lock bug.