NOOOOOOO -- it's OVER?! *SOBS* That was Much too SHORT! In the end, that's a GOOD thing - but I feel so Bereft. I missed MC and Sofia's Banter SO MUCH... Seeing the start of their route was like jumping right back into what made the pairing so Wonderful.
A few initial Impressions:
- I like new dialogue box! The little touches(curly corner, what looks like a damask fill)are Really nice!
- The 1st room I saw at the inn: I could Already see the added details. There was a inherent Lushness to the room - even though it was sparse. Deliberate or not, it gave an immediate indicator of war times. A -- shift from Needless Extravagance.
- With things like kisses and shows of affection, will that always be cutaway(only scenery shown) or will CGs be made for them in the future? Obviously, I get you can't do one for EACH display, but it felt remote not having any.
- FEELZ came rushing All the Way BACK just from the brief intro -- I really felt you managed to make it feel like I just played 'Rose' yesterday. I also really enjoyed the Concise telling of 'the story thus far'; it felt Informative without feeling like I was reading a history textbook. It was Just Enough to let me know what had gone done in those 2 years -- not only in Segunda, but with my LI. Very dynamic. On that note: I also liked that I got to see Clips of how the Times are affecting certain characters as well; given darker theme, those kinds of details will be Crucial.
- With Choices: I personally feel like the light blue text on the dark blue background is Hard on the eyes. It certainly Helps when you hover over them and they light up for legibility, but it's a strain to read before that and I'd like to be able to immediately process my options.
- I caught a few typos here and there (several in Sofia's dialogue); I'm sure it'll be cleaned up before Final, but thought I should let you know.
- Loved how 'minor' characters that would once be silhouettes are now fully detailed! I'm Really Glad this is a thing - Always felt like a bit of Immersion was Lost talking to shadows.
So EXCITE!!! I Really HOPE there will be a longer demo in the future! But, if not, I'll just take the Full Game~ ;) As I mentioned in an earlier post, more than ANYTHING I'm looking forward to how Established Relationships are handled. Is Maintaining them a factor? Will choices Affect your standing with LIs? Can they Potentially Leave you? Yes, the battle was won in 'Rose', but the country isn't the only one with a war. Seeing how the current state of things has MC(and others)particularly occupied, I'm even more Interested in how 'romance' factor will develop alongside as it's not 'Talk to LI - Get LI to not hate you - Smooch - Ride off into the sunset' anymore. Generally speaking, of course~