SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Tagging games

A topic by Sealed Library created May 26, 2020 Views: 247 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Jam HostSubmitted(+2)

Hi folks,

Just had a quick discussion with Chris about this and thought it might be useful to have some suggested tags for folks submitting their games to the jam.

I just launched my game with the following.

wretchedandalone
solo
ttrpg
rpg
jenga
blocktower
journaling

Happy to take suggestions on this one too. What did you tag your games with?

Submitted(+2)

I haven't yet, but aside from genre tags mine'll look pretty similar. I'm thinking of adding 'oracle' as well, since I know some people use them more freely.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

"single-player" and "gmless" are good tags to use too!

also "horror" if your game is a horror game.

Submitted

Would "roguelike" be an appropriate tag? You are progressing through a randomly-generated setting.

Jam HostSubmitted

Oof, this is a good question. I see the argument for it, yes. However, I think a lot of people who look at that tag would feel misled.

Submitted

Fair enough. I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. I would contend that there be something comparing it to Dread, though. When I was looking through the material it took me back to my halcyon days of getting really good at Jenga in an effort to not be the first to die.

Jam HostSubmitted

Yeah, I agree comparing it to dread has utility. I mean, the jenga tower simulates rising tension in both and that's pretty central to the mechanics so it's going to be something people pick up on.