Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome to the Variety Megajam! Introduce yourself :)

A topic by droqen created Nov 30, 2021 Views: 387 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 10
HostSubmitted (3 edits)

Hi, I'd love if you would introduce yourself here! Let us know what you make, what tools you use, and -- if you know yet -- what days you're planning to participate!

HostSubmitted

I'm droqen, I'm going to make a bunch of weird little pixel art adventure minigames, probably, and I have no idea which 10 days I'm going to set aside for this! I use Godot Engine and Pyxel Edit.

(+1)

Hi, I just got here!  My name is Sci, I've been making visual novels and other assorted games for over a year now.  I'm going to try and make ten small visual novels within a larger framing device of stumbling into a seemingly abandoned library and getting ten stories handed to you by the mysterious librarian.  I'll be using RenPy, because of all the engines I've worked with that one is what I'm most comfortable with.

I have the last two weeks of the month set aside for this, because I'm already working on two other projects that will be done by then and because I'll have a two-week break from work so I'll try a dev project that's a bit more intensive.

Submitted(+1)

Hi! I'm cryss!  I love story driven games. I'm going to be making various types of ttrpgs for this! I will be using the notes app on my phone for writing and Canva for making layouts. 've set aside 10 days throughout the month, mostly the weekends, and I'm looking forward to this! I'm hoping to bundle all my projects together as a little collection of games at the end. 

Submitted(+2)

Hello, let's call me Bobby. I'm not good coder, but I still like drawing pretty pixel art, thinking about fresh/good gameplay ideas and making games using them. I use fantasy console TIC-80, but want to try other engines after New Year. I think I'll start jam since today because I have plenty of free time for now.

(+1)

Hi,  Lucky here! I am brand new to the world of game jams. I've been a long time musicians who has spent the past few years learning to record and self produce (currently using Studio One) and would like to try my hand at producing music for games. I have quite a lot of free time in the next 6 days or so. If anybody has a project/theme/idea they need music for, I'd love to take a shot at it for you!

Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

Hello, I'm Aria. I make adult games (sexual) so don't look at my profile unless you're interested in such things.

I tried to create a visual novel in RenPy by writing 10 visual novel chapters in 10 days, from December 1 to December 10. It was a painful and grueling process. Also, I failed. I wrote full text scripts for 10 chapters, but I only managed to complete visuals for 7 of the chapters, even after a big push today and yesterday. 

Additionally, I would be a little unsatisfied if I released it without the following things: music and sound effects, menus that aren't placeholders, opening and closing credits sequences, web browser support, playtesting. If I spent one or two extra cheat days, I could probably release a version I'm unsatisfied with, but I wouldn't be able to do all of these things.

So, I think I will take 10 days, December 15 to December 24, to finish everything I want to finish at a relaxed pace and wrap it up nicely for a Christmas release. Aside from the fact that it lets me take it easy, for some reason taking exactly 10 extra days feels more right to me than going overtime by just one or two days. It seems like this turned out to not happen. I ended up only taking December 15 to December 19 and releasing it after 10 + 5 days. It's done now!!! https://aria-of-flowers.itch.io/dead-girls-notebook

By the way, I'm really happy with how the provided prompts and the palette shaped the nature of this game. I think I never could have made anything like this without these restrictions.

HostSubmitted(+1)

I think I'm going to try and do some studies of "level up" and "character customization" systems. I did this once before for inventory systems and I learned a lot! Wish me luck...

Ok the Adamant Gambit's series of storytelling got me hooked, with the time remaining I want to make 6-10 short games in frameworks I've built but never published.