Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

For which operating system we have to develop?

A topic by Srijal Gupta created Aug 29, 2020 Views: 219 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

Well I am wondering that for which operating system should we develop the game as it is not mentioned in the jam page. Whether it should be Windows , Mac , Linux , WebGL , Android or others? Please reply

I think the best one to pick would be webGL because people don’t really like downloading games, but you can do any one you want I think. I don’t really know because I’m not the host.

Host

WebGL is recommended if you want lots of people to play it - but any platform is okay (the more the better)!

Submitted (1 edit)

Thanx alot to both of you guys. BTW I am a complete beginner in game development.  I don't know how to tackle if any problem arises with WebGL format. I am comfortable with Windows and Android. Nevertheless , I would try my best.

Submitted (1 edit)

I just know .bat I mean I was looking at ways to try to convert it to html but couldn't find a compiler or .bat to html program so it's kinda what it is that I submitted moments ago to this jam, it's a tough language to work with as there just ain't the stuff like other higher languages and I wouldn't say I'm a master at ascii i wouldn't know how to draw a vampire in ascii, so all I know is a "Fish, cat, bat, rat, dragon, bowl" The scope is small to what I can draw! There is no sound or mouse either cuz that just ain't pluggable that i know of so it's just words and numbers and works with a keyboard! Aka a pure Text based game, for windows only unless something else reads .bat games! :)

Submitted

I don't think that you will face any problem as the host has mentioned above that any format is supported . 

Submitted

!android or ios because people cba.

Submitted

What's a cba? for ios almost everybody has those... :)