Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I have no experience

A topic by AppleSauceBoy created Aug 26, 2020 Views: 233 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 6
(+1)

Hi uhh so yea I have little to no experience in coding or game making. So I hope I can figure this out, if not it will be a fun thing to work on. So yea I'm kinda excited.

(+2)

I don't know if this is really the thing that I am supposed to respond to but..... I am going to anyways.

Often Game Jams are Full of people who don't really know what they are doing. I personally have a background in Java development so It was not that hard for me to switch over to C# / Unity. There are several thousands of tutorials online on how to make a game. I would recommend getting a general idea of what you want to make and then finding people who have made similar things. I am fairly experienced in other kinds of code as well so if You ever need something, feel free to hit me up.

Hey man thanks for the helpful reply. To be honest this makes me feel a bit better and I definitely will hit ya up if I need any advice on stuff. Thank you my mans.

Yea! And just remember: if at first you dont succeed, dont sky-dive.

Submitted

I got into game dev by throwing myself into a game jam 4 or 5 years ago with no idea what I was doing. Honestly it's best way to start find a simple engine follow a tutorial for a basic game then adapt it. Twitter is your best friend in Jams just tweet out and others will help you along the way. But it's the way to start that's how I did it 4 or 5 years ago jams taught me how to make games I now make indie FMV games and have a Gamedev podcast all because 1 weekend years ago I decided to have a go.

I participated in my first game jam two years ago, without any experience... I created a simple minigame, nothing special. It didn't get great reviews, nor it was very fun to play, but I learned a ton from it. Now, my games would be nothing if I didn't just go for it that day. So keep it up! 

Submitted

here you go , i gift you my unity game, feel free to modify it and submit it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oc9uwh3a1pz3d12/Magic%20Grill.zip?dl=0