Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Comments on 'Red of Rosa (Betina)'

A topic by Dee Cooke created Mar 13, 2020 Views: 188 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do here.  I've explored the map as far as I can but the only objects I can see are a few supernatural beings with whom I can't seem to interact.  The game page says you're supposed to flirt, intimidate and make friends, but none of those commands work - so I'm afraid I'm at a bit of a loss!

Anyone got the hang of this one?

Host

I suspect it's an incomplete game.

Submitted

I started writing test comments for this one, but soon worked out that it was a waste of time. I've discovered 14 locations, 6 non-player characters and nothing else. You cannot interact with any of the characters and the hints provided for the game are rubbish.

I tried well over 100 verbs (I actually recorded them) that were not understood. I could examine the NPCs and that's all. As Adventuron said, this is no doubt an unfinished game, which is strange considering that it was submitted so early.

Give this one a miss.

Jam Judge

I felt completely lost when playing this one. The room descriptions and NPCs won’t allow you even to imagine what COULD be the goal here, so without a proper introduction and some documentation you’re missing all the context here, making this a very rough and unpolished experience. Unless someone explains me what this is all about, I would classify it as inappropriate to distribute.

Host

Have a feeling I should disqualify it if it demonstrates a flagrant disregard for the rules.

Submitted

I just reloaded this "game" with the intention of mapping it. After a second look, I agree that it should be disqualified for the following reasons:

• Room descriptions exceed two words.
  • There does not appear to be any treasures (should be minimum of 4).
  • There does not appear to be any treasure room.
  • There does not appear to be any puzzles.

If not disqualified, at least tell the judges not to waste their time with it.

As it does not respond to any sensible input and cannot be "completed", it looks more like a work-in-progress, so I will not be submitting it to any of the online adventure databases such as IFDB or CASA.

Submitted

No idea what to do.  Tried talking, and all kinds of other interaction verbs...  Lots of empty spaces...  :-/    

Jam Judge

I played to the game and it appears to be unfinished to me, too.