Play gameGoblin Decathlon's itch.io page
|Quality of Inbuilt Tutorial||#8||3.000||3.000|
|Overall Enjoyment (Used to determine winner)||#8||3.600||3.600|
Ranked from 5 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- A very unusual setting, but it works really well! The puzzles aren't too complicated but aren't a walk in the park either, and the game is entertaining throughout and never unfair. A great entry!
- I absolutely enjoyed this one! Transforming a treasure hunt into a Goblin Decathlon was a wonderful and funny experience! I really like the style of your games, you have that sense of uniqueness that leaves no doubt the game was the child of your creative mind. Kudos!
- I tried very hard not to let my dislike of sport as a child affect my view - it is a really original topic. The use of Goblin makes the minimal language work well and it was great being able to wander around and explore before having to solve any real puzzles.
- Nice little game, with enjoyable humor. The challenges represent many puzzles that can be tackled in parallel. While this is makes sort that the game can be played at the beginning without getting stuck, the story does not develop very much and very few surprises wait the player (apart the puzzles themselves, of course).
- I enjoyed this unique theme tremendously! I appreciated being able to approach the puzzles in almost any order. The in-game hint system of the coach was a great touch. Kudos for not using "USE" in your game, I respected the challenge! Near the end when I needed two medals but only one was solvable before the last event, it would've been nice to know which event I should've been focusing on. Congrats on such a lovely entry!
Prior Coding Experience (Optional)
Two previous Adventuron jams (plus some recent fiddling with BASIC).
Maximum Number of Words Used For Messages (Optional)
Twitter Handle (Optional)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.