Jobs
Tags

What if its too good?

A topic by David Brehl created Jun 28, 2017 Views: 421 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(+1)

And what if its so good its bad?

(+1)

nevermind, Id never be able to make a good game. Also, the Jam name is a paradox.

Just think about it for too long.

Submitted(+1)

I think the idea is to make a game so bad that it's funnily so. Sloppy art, unfitting sound effects, bad physics, etc can all contribute to this effect

Submitted

I'm sure I've done 50% of the jam right. My game is definetly bad. Not sure about the good part though(

Submitted (1 edit)

I definitely think what defines so bad it's good can be subjective. For some, it's really fun games that are obscure, weird, bad art... others, it's due to the terrible glitches that don't ruin the game but make it better... it can be for the sheer spectacle of the plot and objectives which make you go "what the hell...?", it can be for cheesy voice acting, the obvious knock-offing of a popular franchise, or the fact the game seemed to be reaching to be something more (and maybe even an excellent concept) but misses its target xD

The jam has certainly spawned a lot of games covering almost all these aspects, I think. The important core of the jam I think is the fun factor, how much you enjoyed it for all the wrong reasons and replayability. Is it so bad... it's good enough that you'd dare rank it amongst your favourite games of all time, and not for the fact it's a "good" game but because it is essentially "bad" and that's why you love it xD