Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Progress Sharing Thread Sticky

A topic by elZach created 31 days ago Views: 362 Replies: 25
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Hope it's fine to post some progress shots here. Don't know about the subjects yet, but just started with some style exploration.

Host

Not bad, though it more looks like sticker for telegram/viber than game art but ok...

Submitted

hm, guess I'm not that into generic looking stuff. :)

(+1)

yeah i actually dig that, it’d be nice for games to have more varied styles, game assets tend to be pretty generic

Submitted(+1)

Maybe it’s the messengers being gamified so heavily that it overlaps game art. I immediately think of comedy/parody RPGs that could benefit from expressive character portraits like that.

@elZach if you add a small selection of clothes/armor the character could be used in both modern and medieval settings maybe?

Submitted(+3)

Submitted(+1)

shading was too noisy

Submitted(+1)

Submitted(+4)

Submitted(+2)

(+4)

Having fun, will make a devlog showing progress later

Host(-1)

Is it made with AI?

No of course not, I would’ve included the progress pics here but they were huge. Made using Ps

these look pretty cool - looking forward to seeing the devlog, im curious how you did the gradients and reflexes here

Devlog here

Submitted

yoo! The face rendering looks amazing! Great job.

(2 edits) (+5)

joining in, this is a perfect theme obviously to draw some cute elementals. tried to use vibrant colors as much as possible which is outside of my comfort zone a bit

size: 32x32 palette: DawnBringer’s db32

fire🔥, air🌬, water💧, nature🌿

Submitted

These look very cute! Expert use of shading as well!

The bird is my favorite so far, he's got great expression and the beak turned out very well.

thanks!

Host

Auto portrait of account portrait :D

What is it? I see a bird, mermaid and deer but what is on the first image? Goblin or whatever it is...? I don't know, it doesn't look like any demon or something like any lower infernal creatures.... At the same time it doesn't look like higher infernal creature so what is it?

when drawing it i kind of thought about something between an ifrit, but not the traditional representation, and an imp. but really its not meant to be either, but just a fire elemental

Submitted(+2)

Submitted(+1)

Submitted(+1)

Submitted

Hi, your art is great, so unique! Newbie here in creating game assets. Can you share what canvas size you usually draw your portraits? TYIA 

Submitted(+1)

Hey! Thank you very much! <3

I don't pixel that much so I don't know if it's a common size but I made all of these in 48x64