SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introductions Sticky

A topic by Virtual Nomad created 43 days ago Views: 371 Replies: 31
Viewing posts 1 to 12
Host (9 edits) (+1)

Hello and Welcome!

I’m a hobby coder that enjoys the Olympics AND Jamming alongside other #IndieDevs and have wanted to combine the 2 for some time now as a Host; NOW seems the perfect time to make it happen!

I’ve gathered a couple of friends to kick this off and look forward to what you all bring to the arena.

I invite participants to get to know one another, find teammates and share your thoughts and ideas as I hope to foster a friendly competition for #OlyGames 2024.

So, let’s be creative and have some FUN sharing what we love to do!

~VN

Jam Host (1 edit) (+2)

Hey everyone,

I'm professional indie game developer with over 10 years of experience. These days I mostly make educational games for kids, and you can check them out on my profile. 
Also I have regularly judged for all kinds of game competitions, both online and in person, such as the Global Game Jam, Nordic Game, and the Indie Prize. As such, I will also keep an eye out for judging at this Jam. May the best game win, but most of all, have a good time. Cheers!

(+2)

Hi! I'm Ceph, I'm a stubborn indie game dev who works fast with novel and unique game mechanics and has minimal motivation to get things into a completed state.

Hopefully I slow down enough to get 3-4 small minigames packaged into one competitive-like game bundle.

Host(+1)

welcome, ceph. i’m looking forward to what you come up with. as long as we keep it simple, we should be fine :)

Jam Host (2 edits) (+1)

Hello! I'm Rheia. I'm a YouTuber who loves any and all things related to indie games. I cannot wait to play the games made here and hopefully get them to others with my videos.

In my free time I like to spend time with family and swim. Good luck to everyone and most importantly, HAVE FUN!

(+1)

I’m very new to dev, and I’m excited about working on a game for this jam! I’ll be in for a bit of a challenge since, as of now, I am capable of creating text based games. I’d love to be able to create something for the jam, and have a great time with everyone else :)

Host

welcome, pd. i just checked out your bitsy games and they are fun little gems!

i’m looking forward to what you might put together for OlyGames :)

(+2)

I am a Game Developer

i think we all are to the most part

Hello! I’ve always ben interested in game development but only recently (bout 6 months) starting participating in game jams. Looking forward to what everyone puts out and let me know if anyone wants to form a team.

Host

welcome, Xquas. i just checked out wrecking factory and spyder byte; both clever and well made :)

Thanks!

Hello,

I started game dev since one year and enjoy it ! I already made 2 game jams and I'm trying to improve my skills with interesting game jams.

I think this one will be a great opportunity to build some fun games. Good luck for everyone and enjoy this jam ! :)

Host

welcome, traguilar, and congrats on the minigame jam win with Santa’s Impossible Mission.

the etch-a-sketch might be the first fun hand-held “device” (it was for me) and i like what you did with it :)

Thank you ! I'm glad that you loved our game, we really enjoyed doing this project with my team. 

I hope that this game jam will bring a lot a fun and ideas for everyone!

Hello! Will there be a discord server for this jam?

Host (1 edit) (+1)

hi, patricia. i wish i woulda thought of it myself but i will be setting one up now that you mentioned it.

i tend to stay too “old school” sometimes but i want to keep with the times when it could benefit, so… stay tuned :)

That’s exciting. I hope to join it soon!

Jam Host (1 edit) (+1)

https://discord.com/invite/D8fTShpfQp please join in!

(+1)

Hi, pleasure to meet you all.

I'm an indie game dev who started making games as a hobby in 2022, but didn't start to pick up speed with game development until 2023 or after.

I've hit a few of my personal milestones so far, including releasing a game. As well as a few not-so-milestones, such as starting a Real-Time Strategy Game as my first coding endeavor, then being unable to finish it.

Well, that's me.

Host

Hey, MC :)

Congrats on the first release as that’s a real milestone.

and, don’t write your RTS off just yet. it’s still inside of you and will reveal itself when it’s ready :)

Hi everyone, I'm an indie developer for Godot. This is my second jam. I want to have a good time.

i use godot too :) cant wait for it

also this is my first game jam i tired before but i gave up last time but this time im ready

Host

i’m glad you’re excited to dig in, littleshawn. let’s have some fun :)

btw, poppy and banban are both great inspirations. i’ll be checking your game out when i have some time.

meanwhile, both poppy and banban vids were some of the first that i watched @Rheia play, prompting me to subscribe immediately :)

thx :)

Host

welcome, banana :) with 1 jam under your belt, i expect you’ve learned something to bring to this one which will make it even more fun for you.

i always try to do something new/different in subsequent jams but try to remember not to bite off more than i can chew. somewhere in there is the happy medium, i think.

meanwhile, add a fullscreen button to https://vorongo.itch.io/midnight-mage ? i’m hooked up to a 55” screen and want to fill it up!

Hi all, my name is Mike. I've been dreaming of making games for years and am finally starting to do it. This will be my first game jam. I'm most comfortable with Godot so far so hopefully that'll work here.

Host (2 edits) (+1)

hi, Mike, and welcome.

as #OlyGames is your FIRST Jam, i recommend that you keep it quite simple. pick simple mechanics that you might be familiar with or have used in the past and polish them with your own brand of FUN :)

That said, don’t be afraid to try something new but leave yourself time to work through any obstacles you might encounter.

i’m sure there are other godot users on the server and expect they’ll be able to help whenever you might need it so just ask :)

I keep having new ideas and then have to tell myself "slow down. keep it small for now" lol

Host (1 edit)

absolutely. i tend to follow Jam Submissions with Post-Jam Releases before my mind let’s me consider them done DONE (sometimes years later, even :) ).

nice i love using godot