SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Export Game to run in Browser

A topic by CroSnake created Mar 29, 2021 Views: 160 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Hi,

Hope it's OK to post the question here - I have created my game in Godot 3.2.3 stable and have been able to export it in all modules: Windows, Linux, Apple, HTML5. However, I am not able to upload my game as HTML5 (in .zip or uncompressed) and make it playable on the game site directly. It keeps telling me that the file "index.html" is missing. Is anyone able to help me with that?

I'm enjoying playing the other submissions here straight through the browser (most of them) and I would like to do the same.

Thanks!

Submitted

Does the zip have the index in the root or have you zipped the folder containing the index file and game?

Submitted

Thanks for the reply Critters - Neither, I have tried exporting it zipped and unzipped and there is no index.html file created with the game. I've also tried creating one myself and adding it to the zip folder, but it still wouldn't work

Submitted

it has to create some kind of html file to run the game from when you export, right?  find that file and rename it to "index.html"  then zip up everything and add it to your game files.

Submitted

Ahh got it, I did have to rename the html file that was created. Now it works, thanks for the help! :)