Hi, I'm Rain, and this is both my first game jam, and my first game! I'm very excited to make something complete, and have chosen a simple idea to increase the chance of finishing.
This is a very simple game. The concept is that you float little boats made of sticks and leaves down a stream/river. Inspired by the theme of memories, on each boat you can put a message - a memory you'd like to see float away, something you want to let go of, or a good experience. If I have time, I'd like to make it so you assemble the boats out of leaves and twigs on the ground.
- Make environment [x]
- make water appear to move [x]
- how to move leaf boats [x]
- model 3+ trees [1/3]
- model 3+ bushes [ ]
- make leaf boats [ ]
- make typing interface, animation of putting words on boat [ ]
- make pick up boat/place boat actions [ ]
If I have time, I'll add the following:
- make separate leaf objects and stick objects that you can put together to create a leaf boat, with 3-6 leaf types [ ]
- make environment prettier [ ]
- extra trees and stuff [ ]
- words display on leaf boat [ ]
- better boat moving (physics, random path, or multiple paths) [ ]
If I have time, I'd be glad to hear suggestions for other things to add!
Progress So Far
So far, I've made the environment for the game. I made a terrain that's honestly way bigger than necessary, made the river, found a script that makes it look like it flows, and have modeled 1 tree. I also figured out a very simple way to move the leaf boats along the river.