Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Got any questions? Leave them here! :D Sticky

A topic by Icoso created Jun 26, 2021 Views: 625 Replies: 32
Viewing posts 1 to 14
Host

Heyo, all! Respond here if you have any questions about the jam and I'll do my best to get back to you! :D

(+1)

Can i make a devlog on the game?

Host(+1)

Of course! :D

(+1)

Cool!

Submitted

My friend has offered to help out with the music. How do we go about setting that up? Would he also have to join the jam? Is he allowed to vote?

Host(+1)

Hey! He shouldn’t have to join the jam, as it’s set to ‘Submitters and Contributors’ can vote. As you submit your entry, you should be able to list your friend as a Contributor and allow him to vote that way!

Happy Jamming! :D

Submitted(+1)

Can I submit multiple projects? 

Host(+1)

Yes! As long as they are created within the time limit, that's no problem! :D

(+1)

What platforms are accepted?

Host(+1)

Anything available through itch.io, that means WebGL, Download for Windows, Mac, Linux, etc., and any other forms of safely sharing projects! :D

Submitted

So are geometric shapes only things like squares triangles like the basic sprites in unity?

is there any age restriction?

Deleted 1 year ago

Hi, will I be able to make models of geometric shapes, and complement them with geometric shapes? 2. Can I write to other senders so that they rate my game?. 3. Can I advertise it in the community and keep developer logs. And will all the games be included in your video, or only the ones that win?

I don't think I know the real answers but here is what I think:
1. can't answer sorry. I don't understand the question
2. you probably can. I don't think there is any point in doing so (cuz game jams are about making games, and just simply having fun), but I think you can.
3. You can make devlogs about making your game. Advertising is a different story. It depends on where you want to advertise it and you can only do so if the site allows you to do.
4. Probably only the top ten or something. He will probably stream playing them so you can rewatch those (in case youtube/twitch allows rewatching streams)

Also, the game can be made only in English or in any languages?

Host

Any language is okay, but be aware that majority of the audience will be English-speakers! :)

Am i able to use scratch.mit.edu as my game dev platform for this?

Host

Yep! :D

Thanks!

Submitted

Use this to create a single HTML file: https://sheeptester.github.io/htmlifier

I made this in Scratch, wrapped in Capacitor, and submitted to Apple: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/oinkpop-scratch/id1547967976

Submitted

Hey Icoso, I heard you said that if you couldn't submit in time you could send it you and you could arrange for it to be added to some extent. Would you be able to provide any further info on how exactly to go about this? (email or something else). Thanks.

Submitted

By the way I don't have discord (and can't get discord).

Submitted

I'm going to bed but here's the link anyway https://salmoneer.itch.io/side-switch

Host

Hi! I apologise for the late response - things have been pretty busy on my end xD

And yep, no problem at all about the submission! Just click on this link and your project should be submitted. Let me know if you have any issues, and thank you for reaching out! :D

https://itch.io/jam/309637/add-game/1135721?token=fE8tbpocr2JtDK40krjLCm77nIE

Submitted

Yeah, I can imagine you'd be pretty busy. Thanks for creating this jam, and an even bigger thank you for letting me submit late. First game jam, so your leneancy means a lot to me.

Submitted

Can I update my game during the rating period?

yes but you need to write down what you have changed in the project's description

Submitted

a fellow jammer suggested that, for future reference I upload the game as a WebGL build. I decided to rebuild the game in its finished state and make it playable in browser, as well as having a .exe available as well, is that all good?

I don't think that's a problem. I have seen several of these in other jams, and I didn't see any rule against this so probably its fine

Submitted

Hey, can I continue to update my game past the jam date? (I got the jam done and submitted in time but I would like to continue making improvements to it).

If you update it while the voting is going on, then you need to write down your changes in the project's description.

After the voting is over you can do whatever you want... well... because its your game. I highly suggest waiting until the jam is over and only then make any changes to it

Submitted

Thank you for the reply!

just don't take my word for it! I'm not 100% sure about it :P