Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Got a question here

A topic by Repugnant Bounty created Jul 01, 2021 Views: 276 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

So im currently developing a game already called Repugnant Bounty. I'm trying to get some attention on it but its difficult, which is why i was wondering if it would be allowed to make a unique level with all new assets specifically for this jam?

i did a similar thing a few months ago for another jam but the level was very very short. even if my entry would be disqualified, can i enter it anyway?

Jam Host

The spirit of the jam is for people to make entirely new games. Making just a new level within an existing game isn't very compatible with that, nor is it very fair to the others who are making entirely new games.

Of course, people can submit whatever they want (we don't have control over that) and see what happens, but anything which tries to test the limits of contest rules should be fully disclosed in the description and, as you mention, may get disqualified.

If you want to participate in the jam, I'd encourage you to consider making something new for it. It might even be a nice break from what you've been working on!

Submitted

yeah i figured that would be the answer. just wanted to be sure. thanks!

(1 edit)

If you have the time, you could create a small new game for this jam. People will play it and like it and look for other stuff you published, so your longer running project may get some attention. For that, you would have to create an itch.io page for it − I don't find any!

Submitted

makes sense :0