Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Confused on uploading source

A topic by MarcieFul created May 20, 2022 Views: 324 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (1 edit)

So if I make a game in unity and upload the game as html to itch, I will still need to upload the unity project folder somewhere? how would I go about that as itch only lets me upload one thing right?

Submitted(+1)

you need to use github or something similar to upload the source code.

Submitted

if you have any skills and dont have a team you could find me on the gamedev.tv discord channel and drop me a message.

Submitted

Hi thanks, I wouldn't say I have skills just a couple months of experience, and I'm going to work with a friend who's a 3d model artist.

I've never used GitHub or anything like that before is it easy to use? would I just put a link to it on the game page or something?

Submitted

Little late on this, but you can also use Atlassian's Bitbucket, which basically integrates with Jira and Trello if you are interested in using them for project development.  Bitbucket is basically just another type of SVN, but I feel they are a bit more user friendly.  Especially since I use SourceTree (another Atlassian product #NotAnAd :-P) on my system.   Just my opinion there though

Submitted

Using Bitbucket or Github doesn't change anything about using git in the first place. Unless you intended to use Mercurial instead, that is. Github only offers git.

Submitted(+3)

I'm pretty sure you can upload more than one ZIP file to your project page on itch.

Just mark the executable game as "This will play on the browser" and for the source file tag it as Source Code and you should be fine.

Submitted

This is exactly what I did last year. Giving a link to my git wouldn't really have worked since it would have pointed to "localhost" and nobody can access my Gitlab server from outside.