A topic by pixelook created May 29, 2020 Views: 290 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

I've created the "making of" video where I'm working on the Boss level:
https://pixelook.itch.io/mrclock/devlog/149959/making-of-boss-1

Do you have something similar?
Will you share it?

Submitted

Nice video. It's always interesting to see the workflow of other developers :)    I need to start using Git in Unity as well... I accidentally deleted my GUI once and couldn't recover it.

Here's my video:

https://litetj.itch.io/ten-minutes-of-existence/devlog/150483/behind-the-scenes-how-i-made-ten-minutes-of-existence

Submitted

Nice one :)

Submitted

hey there, nice! Can you share your resources / method? Did you use some kind of video editing software? I want to start things like this not only for this game jam submission but also for future game development. Thanks in advance!

Submitted

hi,
i used the basic setup offered on mac...

quicktime player for screen recording and imovie for the rest of the job.
also macos doesn't allow to record the audio so soundflower or other solution is needed.

the original video material was about 2h 40m.
cutting and so last about one hour...

Submitted

If you are not on Mac you can use OBS Studio - I learnt to use it via one of the gamedev.tv courses and its really good.

Submitted

Cool, will check, thanks :)

Submitted

Yeah, I'm using OBS as well, because I also stream, but my recording quality is not that great. Mostly because my machine is not up to scratch. 

but I was also more curious about the editing bit afterward, like how you add music overlays and cut and snip the video and stitch parts together, how do you do the fast forward thing etc?

I downloaded some other free video editing tools for windows (Lightworks? OpenShot? etc) but they take forever to process the final video at the end and they increase file sizes! 

Submitted

For me all this was made by iMovie.
It's not the best tool but as it's there and it's free, it's quite good.

If you compare with Final Cut or similar pro software, you have limited availability.
No multiple cam sync, no multiple video tracks, less effects...
But still there are lot of possibilities.