SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Build Errors

A topic by Renderererer created Aug 24, 2020 Views: 883 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(1 edit) (+1)

Hey Everyone,

I'm pretty new to Game Dev and am using Unity 2020 to make a 2D pixel game ( for WebGL ). I'm getting the following errors when trying to build my project. I'm familiar with many of the common errors but many of the methods/functions shown in the errors are not declared by me. Can someone explain or provide hints as to what these errors mean?

1) Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.1.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\Raycasters\Physics2DRaycaster.cs(82,47): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SpriteShapeRenderer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

2) C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.1.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\UI\Core\GraphicRaycaster.cs(324,43): error CS1501: No overload for method 'RectangleContainsScreenPoint' takes 4 arguments

3) C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.1.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\UI\Core\MaskableGraphic.cs(152,28): error CS1061: 'CanvasRenderer' does not contain a definition for 'clippingSoftness' and no accessible extension method 'clippingSoftness' accepting a first argument of type 'CanvasRenderer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

4) C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.1.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\UI\Core\RectMask2D.cs(175,41): error CS1501: No overload for method 'RectangleContainsScreenPoint' takes 4 arguments

5) UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 5 errors

at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0027c] in <b17f35b08b864a3ca09a7032b437596e>:0   at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <b17f35b08b864a3ca09a7032b437596e>:0 UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Thanks

Submitted

I don't excatly have a clue but did you play test the game because in some of them they are saying that some library or directive is missing and that usually happens like when playtesting inside the scripts.

For example if you need the text component or any UI you have to include using unityengine.ui 

I work mostly in 3D, so I may not know these. 

Also I think for the unity editor if you have imported scripts or have written scripts then check in each one of them for using unity editor because using unity editor does not allow your game to be built, 

Also go to the console window and then double click the error, that should tell you about what to do.

I can help in these but sorry of it wasnt helpful

Thanks 

Hey, thanks for the debugging tips. I've already confirmed that none of my scripts contain 'using UnityEditor'. Yes, I might have to play test the whole game as Visual Studio doesn't show any compilation errors. It seems I won't be able to submit my game after all :'(

In case anyone else faces a similiar issue, update Unity to 2020.1.3f1 or higher. Everything works fine now. Probably just something very off with 2020.1.0f1.