Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

We are less than 6 hours away, and I just want to ask the community some questions for fun

A topic by DerpySmiley created Sep 08, 2022 Views: 983 Replies: 33
Viewing posts 1 to 21
(+1)

What game engine/coding language will you use?

Are you solo/team, and if team, what are you doing for the team (programming, art, music, etc)?

How much coding experience do you have?

(3 edits)

Answers for me:

I'm using Python and Pygame, starting to learn UE5.

I'm in a team of 5 people, and I'm doing programming, and we have an artist, 2 composers and someone that's kinda doing nothing.

I have about 3 year of game development experience, and about 6 years of coding experience in general, and about 5 months of Python and Pygame experience, with very little UE5 experience, why I'm using Python and Pygame for this project.

Submitted(+1)

Unity/Playmaker, learning C#

Solo

Half a year

I tried c# once in Unity, but I found it confusing, and Unity's layout is just really confusing

you get used to it after a while and becomes second nature

(+1)

My answers:

We're using unreal engine with primarily just blueprints.

We are a team of two designers and intend to delegate tasks fairly between us focusing on our strengths and weaknesses.

We both have over three years of game design experience but both suck at the coding side, so we just want to make something fun and pretty!

(2 edits)

There are a lot of options for game engines. Blueprints in Unreal Engine is one really good one, it's what I make 3d games in. Construct is also a pretty good option, besides from the price.

Submitted(+2)(-1)

I'm using Godot!

I'm going solo! Trying to do it all, although my specialty is programming

I have a few years of very light game design experience, but this is my fist time trying to actually make something in 3D!

Nice! I do suggest if your gonna make a 3d game, you try to make it relatively small to keep it within the 2 week deadline

(+1)

me too but i have no idea right now(and maybe i will not have time for jam)

(+1)

with a team of three and godot

I've seen a lot of Godot, and not a lot of Unity, which is interesting to me

(1 edit) (+1)

I'm using this jam as an opportunity to learn more about Unreal!

I'm doing this with a friend of mine. I'll primarily be handling programming, and perhaps some art/music, but I'm not sure.

I've been doing web development for about 7-8 years at this point, but started picking up Game Dev a little bit about a year ago, and just recently shifted my focus from Godot to Unreal.

(+1)

8 years of coding is a lot! I started coding around 7th grade! I sucked, and could only make Pong in Scratch, but I think I've made a lot of progress since then!

(+2)

im using upbge as my game engine and for coding i mostly using visual brick coding but also a bit of python

i have  about a year of game dev experience.

and no team  

Nice! I've never heard of upbge! It'll be interesting to see how it turns out

ya i make all of my games there

(+1)

Using the Godot Engine

Working solo like always

Too much.

Ive tried Godot, but I couldnt pick it up. The only game engine I can use is Blueprints in Unreal.

Submitted(+1)

Gml. 

Team of two.

And we both have a couple years of self taught in a few languages.

I'm also self-taught, but I only know 2 languages, Python and Java

C++ with SDL2, solo. It's easier than learning how to use an engine in my case.

I've tried c++ in UE5, but just found it too hard to learn.

Deleted post
(+1)

GameMaker Studio 2

Solo

Around 3 years of Unity Game Development and few month of GameMaker Studio 2 development

Submitted

Scratch.  And solo!

Scratch is really good for game jams, its able to keep your project small so you don't go overboard and run out of time.

Submitted

its Turning out Good! (Im Using The Palette!)

(-1)

Working in Unity / C#

Just on my lonesome, just feels lower pressure for a game jam. If I don't end up having enough time to commit to it, I only disappoint myself xD

~10 years of programming experience, but only 6 of those years in industry.

yeah, it's really high pressure working with 5 people AND being the primary programmer, since everyone expects you to get it done

Submitted

I'm using java, and I like to work by myself.

I have coding experience in some other languages, but I just started learning java a few weeks ago, so I'm not really in this to win it, more to just develop my skills with an actual purpose.

Submitted

I am going alone with python + pygame. In like 4:th grade i started experimenting with scratch and went on a python + pygame course during a summer vacation in like 5:th grade.  Since then I've been going a little bit back and fourth between programming and not in different periods over 3 years now.  I have been taking a peek into the world of unity with a friend in the latest time, but i still prefer pygame. I make pixel art in pixlr but i don't find any use of my pen and paper drawing skills when it comes to making games. I've also been making my own music in beepbox for a while now, but i wouldn't say I'm especially good at it.

Submitted(+1)

Godot

Solo

6 years

Submitted

I use Godot and using Gdscript as programming language also I can make anything exept vr and multiplayer. Year only with Godot engine using. I like pixelart. Workin not on team, solo.