Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome !!

A topic by EX FIRST GAMES created Oct 14, 2022 Views: 171 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Host

Load the boast canon and introduce yourself.

I'm Charlie from EX1ST GAMES and this is my first game jam. I started off making free pnp games over on boardgamegeek.com and just fell in love with the online gaming community. I always want to give back and shine a light on creative minds, skilled hands, and fun innovators. You are all amazing in your own way. I'm just so honored to be here. I love feedback, so help me improve. I'm happy to return the favor, follow back, retweet, and all that. I live in Japan so my posting times will be slow. Autumn is here, working its way down the archipelago, wrapping up the harvest season.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hi Charlie, I may be an anomaly here - I have never played a TTRPG before! But I want to break into narrative design or game design as a career change, so I am trying to build a portfolio by entering in as many game jams that look interesting and that I have time for! I was captivated by your CoinSides; I have a small currency collection already, and a couple of decks of playing cards, but no fancy dice - and nothing like your elegant and comprehensive solution! I love how it's all in one; I want to capitalize on that in my entry. Can't wait to see what you think of it! :)

Submitted

Wanted to add that if I don't win a CoinSides, I am definitely planning to buy one or two; they are irresistibly cool!

Host

Hi Ghotib, thanks for joining. Well, I hope we get a chance to play one day. To be honest, I'm kind of new too.  I can't wait to see it. Best of luck.

(+1)

If you need help let me know. Not enough folks doing narrative design and specifically adventure content out there. If you need help or pointers let me know

Submitted

I would love it!! Are we allowed to team up for this game jam? 

Host

Sure. The more we help each other the better we all get.

Submitted(+1)

Appreciate that! Thanks, ex1st! 

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Woohoo, managed a speedrun of this jam and already wrote my entry. 1500 words is a great number!

Now to the layout!

Host

Hi Tragos, thanks for the submission. Best of luck.

(1 edit) (+1)

Tony from Plus One Exp. I write, develop, promote, and publish games. 
Gonna write a system-agnostic bank heist based on tools we use for our Down We Go game if I have time.
Very excited to see what happens here!

Host

Welcome Tony, thanks.

Hi Charlie :)
A quick Question if you will. Are the adventures expected to be 'system agnostic' or are we looking 5e or something different? 
As I'm about to start writing but want to make sure I write it accordingly :)

Host

System agnostic is preferred! Thanks, and good luck.