Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Sound?

A topic by Anxox created Aug 28, 2019 Views: 415 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Do i have to record all my sound on my own? i understand the rules as i can´t use music from online when if it´s free and are allowed to be used for companies, also i can´t use asset store? 

Submitted

You can't use Assets from the Asset store or online, even if its free. Everything you use must be made during the game jam.

Submitted

well.. i feel sorry for the people who gonna listen to my sound now haha.... made alle sounds by hitting on random stuff.. xD

Submitted

Well, technically, that's how most sounds of the profession are made. They may have more money and equipment on their hands, but the design is universal! You shouldn't feel bad at all.

Submitted

How about things like using old WWII footage and cutting out certain sounds then editting them to fit?

No, you have to make your own sounds either through a digital audio workstation like LMMS or Garage Band, or through recording sounds down your microphone and recording in Audacity or other free sound editing software. Editing other assets is still using other assets and that's against the rules.

Submitted

Alrighty then, ty for the response! Here's hoping my T34 arrives by Saturday so I can record it firing :'D

I mean, if you are just short of time you can just break the rules but have a note at the start of your game saying where you used other sounds and where you got them. I wouldn't want your game to suffer just for a technality..

Submitted

BREAK THE RULES?!?!? ARE U SAYING I WAS UP HITTING ON STUFF FOR 8 hours without reason=!=! 

No no, I'm just saying it's better to get something done than bang your head forever... although just making walking or hitting sound effects shouldn't take 8 hours lol

Submitted

Haha no I've actually really enjoyed being limited, I feel it engenders more creativity! I too have been hitting things and it's been fun to play as a sound designer :D

That's the spirit :D