Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I dont like the theme...

A topic by GuyGershon created Aug 24, 2019 Views: 645 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

I was wating for the jam for like a month and I got really disappointed... the theme limits u instead of inspiring.

I got an idea but I dont really excited about working on it, I hate this theme :(

If you're not excited about it, doesn't sound like you will have much motivation to finish it, bro.

Don't push yourself to do something you don't wanna do

Hm, I think there might be ways to respect to theme without being restricted. For example, on another post, someone said that a character in the game could be named "Game", and then he would be the liar. So then you can do almost anything you want.

Im feeling this. I have a handful of ideas but I don't particularly like any of them. And even if I did like them, I think most of them would be difficult to accomplish within a week.

Some of these ideas are story-heavy and that is difficult to accomplish within a week. Some of these ideas are mechanics-heavy and lying based mechanics sound more frustrating than fun.

Me too

Submitted

There's a reason why "theme" is only one thing to rate a game on in jams like these homie!  I tend to end up making something I want to try to make a SHOEHORN the theme in lol.  GLHF dood <3