Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Do you use dark theme?

A topic by Two Felt Games created Sep 05, 2021 Views: 587 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Submitted

Just wondering how many people use the dark theme setting (here on itch particularly). I always use a dark theme in every software program whenever possible, so I of course opted in for the dark theme on itch too. I am just curious how many others use a dark theme? 

I ask because the game cover images look very different when there is a dark background and when there is a white background. Curious how most of y'all are seeing my picture lol

I tried to make it look good on both but... I think it looks better on the black background.

Submitted

Lol even I love dark theme and use in everything I can that includes itch.io as well

Submitted

Me too :)

Deleted post
Submitted

I thought most game devs might always go with the dark theme... not sure though. That's why I'm asking ;p

Deleted post
Submitted

Exactly! Same here.

Thanks! I am still messing with it lol I think maybe itch doesn't allow for actual transparency... it keeps blurring out my colors if it try to make an actually transparent background 馃

Cool! I hope you like it! I'll check out yours too :)

Submitted

I use dark theme everywhere ^_^

Submitted

me too... I think it's more common than not. Of course I can't confirm that with only a couple replies lol

Submitted

There is a dark theme? :O

Submitted

yeah - it should be on by default, but noooo lol you have to go into your settings and check the box for "use dark theme"

There was a time not too far in the past where I used light theme for everything (except Visual Studio. That鈥檚 blasphemy). Discord was light, VSCode was light, Eclipse was light, IntelliJ, Windows, you name it.

But I鈥檝e switched back to dark themes and opted vor dark-ish themes for my IDEs.

Submitted

My life is in dark theme

Submitted

Didn't know there was a dark theme :0

doesn't everyone?

Submitted

馃槀

Submitted

I use dark theme even with google as of lately:)