Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jam organisation/rules questions Sticky

A topic by TheDutchMagikarp created Jul 26, 2021 Views: 6,996 Replies: 98
Viewing posts 29 to 48 of 48 · Previous page · First page

Can we get our ideas from an already submitted game to another jam (specifically, Brackeys 1/Community Jam's All is Chaos in Love and War)

taking inspiration is good take inspiration and make your own game

When can we post our games to sources outside of the game jam?

Submitted

I want to improve my game after Jam ends, but I don't want to wait for voting to finish. Is it still aganst the rules to inclide a Google Drive link to the improved version in the game desciption with something like "this version of the game does not take part in the Jam"?

Submitted

how many assets we can use from the asset store?

as much as you want I think

Can we use art from the Brackeys MegaPack?

Do you accept uploads that didn't make the cut, even if we are 98% close ?

Hi, my name is Nandakishor and I have a doubt. So, about 2 days before the jam started,  I opened Unity and made a simple player movement script in 2D, added a few platforms and some coins. Then, when the jam started. I felt like I could modify the game and add more stuff to that little scene and submit it for the jam. Is that allowed?

Submitted

Can i use assets ?

Submitted

Can we use audio for our game from Youtube's official Audio Library?

Submitted

i can't upload a html file i can upload a downloadable one is that okay?

Can I upload a new file (on top of the old one) if I found a game breaking bug in my game?

Submitted (1 edit)

Can I add/edit cover image  or screenshots to my submitted game page now, when submissions are finished?

I have a question and I realise the game jam is already over but how would it be possible to uplaod a project made by multiple people. (for the future)

Submitted

One person uploads it and can set the others as Admins in the settings

Submitted

Is it allowed to release an update of the game during the rating period for bug fixing purpose ?

Submitted

no  Snopingas, we can't update game

Submitted

Can we change screenshots in the middle of the jam?

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey, so my game submissions page is full of lovely comments from everyone, thank you all!

My question is what will happen to tha submissions rating page after the jam ends? I'd really like for the option to make that public rather than it just disappear. Anyone know what happens to it? In contrast my public game page comments and ratings look a bit empty as everyone has had to use the jam page... 

Submitted

Don't worry, it remains as is and actually stays open for new comments

Example: https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-2/rate/374991

Link to the next jam ?

Viewing posts 29 to 48 of 48 · Previous page · First page