Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I’m leaving the jam due to lack of good engine suggestions.

A topic by Mario Wumpus created Jul 25, 2020 Views: 639 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 14

Only if people would give me good suggestions.

Submitted(+2)

use unity it is free to use and easy to work with

Use Unity Or Unreal Engine 4 They Are Both Free But I Would Suggest Unity Because It Is Easier!!

Submitted

yeah Unity is way easier and the code for Unity is C# and trust me C# is easy because I am 11 years old and I find it easy so think how easy it will be!

Deleted 3 years ago
Deleted post
(+1)

Unity is quite heavy... I have a slow computer and so Unity is not the best for me.

If it same reason you are not using unity, then try Godot or like me, Html5 canvas.

Html5 canvas is a bit time consuming but, it can be customized in any way you want because it provides you the core to work with

(-1)

dude. i did my first game jam on a crappy laptop. if your pc or laptop can't handle unity, you should get a new computer first.

i have used both unity and godot

You dont necessarily  need better system for making games anything will work godot, unity or something else

You could also try Phaser for HTML/JS if you want something easier than plain canvas

I have been using Html Canvas for 3 years and I never realised that there were libraries available for it

GameMaker and Stencyl are some other lightweight options

Deleted post

This is the best response in this thread!

Submitted

I have a trash computer and I am using Unity, and currently trying Flax.

ok bye

unity easy lightweight and won’t take long to learn c# is also much easier

Submitted

I recommend Godot. Over unity, Both easy to learn but Godot has a much cleaner interface and straight forward workflow. Not to mention its a truly free Game Engine. i.e No royalty payments after reaching a set profit threshold

Docs: https://docs.godotengine.org/en/stable/