Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Post-Jam Devlog Video

A topic by ding-hobba created 78 days ago Views: 301 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

Hi! I wanted to share my recap of the jam here! Would love to see other folks' as well 馃槉

Submitted

I love seeing all this videos, if anyone else has videos, please post it!

Submitted

we're currently making a post Jam dev log video. Should hopefully have it out by the end of the week (avalibe time permitting).

We should make a play list of every one's video logs / confessions for the jam in the coming weeks.

Submitted

That's a great idea! Please post a reply here when you post the video!

Submitted

Hope to see it 鉁岋笍

Submitted

good idea! looking forward to it

Submitted

I started a playlist and started adding what I could find of Dev logs and also small promo vids of those who participated in the jam,

Will add to it as I find more

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr7BIPvRItpq352zugtchL6RIo_bW-nJP&si=oW5WhEws..

Submitted

I'd love to do something like this but I have absolutely no video editing skills.

Submitted

Haha if you watch the video you'll see I don't either 馃槀

I use Davinci Resolve (it's free). The learning curve is less steep than that of a game engine imo. I'm still learning new things, but you really only need the basics for glorified powerpoints such as my video. And there's a wealth of good tutorials on youtube.

Go for it!!!

Submitted (1 edit)

Actually, I have been looking at Davinci Resolve! I almost mentioned it in my post but decided it was irrelevant. 

I think I might try to make a video for future game jams, even if it's just for myself.

Submitted

For anyone interested, here is my dev log video on how I made my game with clay animation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnW-dioKWLU
Submitted

awesome job, Clay animation takes so long, I remember making about 10 seconds worth for a school project once and it took about 6 hours

Submitted

I love seeing the process of this lovely game, I love Claymation!

I'll start following you :).

Submitted(+1)

hi i also did a video on my own game i made and im just starting out at game dev

Submitted

Hey guys, we finally got it finished, I'll look into how to put everyone's vids into a playlist!

Also, we are doing a giveaway for a set of our collector pins. Like, subscribe and leave a comment to be in the draw!

Thank you all for being such an awesome community we really enjoyed ourselves and yes... game jams are worth it!